|Full name||Евгений Пигусов|
March 31, 1961 |
|FIDE rating||2555 (May 2017)|
|Peak rating||2623 (April 2002)|
Evgeny Pigusov (Russian: Евгений Пигусов; born March 31, 1961 in Kemerovo) is a Russian chess Grandmaster (1987). He took part in the FIDE World Chess Championship 2002, but was knocked out in the third round by Alexey Dreev.
He played in the Soviet Union Junior Chess Championships of 1977. He tied for 1st at Havana 1986 and Sochi 1987, tied for 2nd at Moscow 1987 and Dordrecht 1988. In 1989 he tied for 8th–10th with Alexander Chernin and Alexey Vyzmanavin in the GMA's Open in Moscow.
- Zhang Pengxiang vs Evgeny Pigusov (2001) FIDE WCh KO 2001, Queen Pawn Game: Veresov Attack. Two Knights System, (D01), 0-1
- "World Chess Championship 2001-02 FIDE Knockout Matches". Mark-Weeks.com. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- "USSR Junior Chess Championship, Riga, 1977". RusBase. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- "The chess games of Evgeny Pigusov". ChessGames.com. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- "GMA-Open Moscow 16-25.5.1989". RusBase. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
|This biographical article relating to a Russian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|