Evie Dolan in 2017
Eva Quinn Dolan|
January 15, 2004
Miami, Florida, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, singer, musician|
|Known for||Originating the role of Katie in School of Rock on Broadway.|
Eva Quinn Dolan (born January 15, 2004) is an American musician and actress, best known for originating the role of Katie in the Broadway adaption of School of Rock.
Life and career
The daughter of Patrick Dolan and Abbey Gardner, Dolan moved with her family to New York City at the age of 4 and started acting at the age of 5. Dolan started acting at Kid City Theater.
At age 11, Dolan originated the role of Katie the fifth grade bass player, and is known for the "bass face" in School of Rock at the Winter Garden Theatre in New York. Dolan also originated the role of Katie in the June 2015 Off-Broadway workshop of School of Rock at the Gramercy Theatre in New York.
In the spring of 2017 Dolan was featured in Drew Gasparini and Alex Brightman new musical adaptation of Ned Vizzini's It's Kind of a Funny Story at Feinstein's/54 Below off-broadway. Dolan joined Colton Ryan of Dear Evan Hansen as Leila his little sister to debut the song "Did You Know?". Dolan also acted in the Gasperini/Brightman musical The Whipping Boy.
September 2017 Dolan performed "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In" from the musical Hair at the American Theatre Wing's Centennial Gala. The gala raised a record-breaking $1.2 million for the organization.
Dolan performed with fellow School of Rock alumni Brandon Niederauer, Ethan Khusidman, Raghav Mehrotra, along with Swedish recording artist Peter Jöback and the original Christine Daaé Sarah Brightman at a special gala performance of the title song from The Phantom of the Opera as it marked its 30th anniversary at the Majestic Theatre on January 24, 2018.
- School of Rock cast recording
Awards and nominations
|2016||Fred and Adele Astaire Awards||Fred and Adele Astaire Award for Outstanding Ensemble in a Broadway Show||School of Rock||Nominated|
- Lower Manhattan Miss is a Midtown Hit
- Riedel, Michael. "These two shows just might topple 'Hamilton'". New York Post. Retrieved April 14, 2016.
- Levitt, Hayley. "School of Rock Announces Complete Broadway Casting". theatermania.com. TheaterMania.com, Inc. Retrieved September 21, 2015.
- Staff, Playbill. "Sara Chase, Leslie Kritzer and Abby Mueller Join Alex Brightman for Andrew Lloyd Webber's School of Rock Workshops: Here's What We Know!". Playbill, Inc. Retrieved June 10, 2015.
- Oleksinski, Johnny. "Broadway's 'School of Rock' kids rock back-to-school fashions". New York Post. Retrieved August 31, 2015.
- "School of Rock Searches for Next Set of Young Stars". TheaterMania.com. Retrieved February 26, 2016.
- Brantley, Ben (December 6, 2015). "Review: 'School of Rock' Teaches the ABCs of Power Chords". The New York Times. Retrieved April 14, 2016.
- BWW News Desk (February 21, 2017). "Bryce Pinkham, Ann Harada and More Set for Drew Gasparini's 'IT'S KIND OF A FUNNY STORY' at Feinstein's/54 Below". Broadway World. Retrieved Feb 21, 2017.
- Smith, Matt (March 28, 2017). "IT'S KIND OF A FUNNY STORY – DREW GASPARINI/ALEX BRIGHTMAN". Theater Pizzazz/. Retrieved March 28, 2017.
- BWW News Desk. "SCHOOL OF ROCK's Evie Dolan Signs on for HENRY, SWEET HENRY at Feinstein's/54 Below". Broadway World. Retrieved April 27, 2017.
- Theater Mainia Edidtoral Desk. "American Theatre Wing Raises $1.2 Million at 2017 Gala". theatermania.co. Retrieved September 19, 2017.
- Gordon, David (January 25, 2018). "Sarah Brightman and More Help Phantom of the Opera Turn 30 on Broadway". Theatermania. Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- Jones, Nate. "Hear a New Andrew Lloyd Webber Song From the School of Rock Musical". Vulture. New York Media LLC. Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- Official website
- Evie Dolan at AllMusic
- Meet the Insanely Talented Kid Band From Broadway's 'School of Rock'
- Q&A with School of Rock The Musical’s Evie Dolan
|This article about an American musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|