|Studio album by|
|Released||March 13, 2013|
|Recorded||Mixtrak Studios, Sweden|
|Syron Vanes chronology|
The album was recorded in Anders Hahne's studio between Januari 2012-February 2013. The work method was to write a song and then record it accordingly. This way of working did let us focus on one song at a time and it really helped each song on the album to shine. One important thing was the use of analog equipment before the signal became digitalized. This according to Anders Hahne did make the sound very listenable.
All the songs were mixed and mastered in February 2013.
The final release medium was on CD and also digital files for digital download.
Evil Redux was a statement to get back to the classic Heavy Metal style Syron Vanes are known for. In 2011, Rimbert and Anders discussed how to make the best album in their careers to date and the conclusion was that they have to get back to their roots with classic Heavy Metal. A record with classic songs combined with a thunderous sound was the idea. 16 songs were written and 14 made it to the album. Evil Redux is also the first album Syron Vanes used drop tuning exclusively on the guitars to get a heavier sound. This is also the first time the new drummer Mats Bergentz (Silver Mountain/Mister Kite) appear on a Syron Vanes album.
The album begins with the instrumental piece "Overture" backed up by excerpts from the famous D-Day speech by Franklin D Roosevelt. This was used to connect the album to a war theme. The concept of the album is war and the song "End of The World" mirrors this in its video.
Evil Redux was released on March 13, 2013. The first song revealed was "Race Me To Hell". This song were filmed on video by Tommy Ledberg for the television show "Nitroz Burnout" on Swedish TV4. The second song revealed was "End of The World". A video was also made for this song.
|2.||"Sacrifice"||Anders Hahne||Anders Hahne||04:22|
|3.||"Only Hell Remains"||Anders Hahne||Anders Hahne||04:48|
|4.||"End Of The World"||Anders Hahne||Anders Hahne||05:13|
|5.||"Devil's Dancing"||Rimbert Vahlstroem||Rimbert Vahlstroem||04:18|
|6.||"Hellion Child"||Anders Hahne||Anders Hahne||03:05|
|7.||"Heaven and Back"||Anders Hahne||Anders Hahne||04:19|
|8.||"King of It All"||Anders Hahne||Anders Hahne||05:06|
|9.||"Bringer of Evil"||Erik Briselius||Anders Hahne||05:47|
|10.||"Flyblown World"||Rimbert Vahlstroem||Rimbert Vahlstroem||04:14|
|11.||"God's gift"||Anders Hahne||Anders Hahne||04:09|
|12.||"Shadows of a Broken Dream"||Anders Hahne||Anders Hahne||04:42|
|13.||"Race Me to Hell"||Rimbert Vahlstroem||Rimbert Vahlstroem||03:50|
|14.||"Tyrant Angel"||Anders Hahne||Anders Hahne||06:06 ...|
- Rimbert Vahlstroem — Guitar/Lead Guitar — Lead Vocals
- Anders Hahne — Guitar/Lead Guitar
- Mats Bergentz — Drums
- Jakob Lagergren — Bass
- Produced by Anders Hahne
- Mixing Engineer Anders Hahne
- Recording Engineer Anders Hahne
- Mastering Engineer Thomas Eberger at Stockholm Mastering
- Sleeve artwork by Monowasp
- Photography by Johnny Kallenberg
- Published by Denomination Records
- "Album Reviews". Metalkaoz.com. 2015-07-18. Retrieved 2015-07-23.
- "Syron Vanes - Evil Redux (8.0)". Rocknytt.net.test.levonline.com. Retrieved 2015-07-23.
- "RockHard: Fehler". Rockhard.de. 2013-10-30. Retrieved 2015-07-23.
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. "President". Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Syron Vanes | Race Me To Hell". YouTube. 2014-06-28. Retrieved 2015-07-23.
- "Syron Vanes | End Of The World". YouTube. 2013-03-14. Retrieved 2015-07-23.
- "Thomas Eberger Discography". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2015-07-23.
- "Stockholm Mastering - Premastering för CD, online och vinyl". Stockholmmastering.se. Retrieved 2015-07-23.
- [dead link]
- "Johnny Kallenberg Photography". Johnnykallenberg.se. Retrieved 2015-07-23.
- "denomination records | transubstansrecords". Transubstansrecords.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2015-07-23.