This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
European cover art
|Release||June 1, 2000|
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
Evolva is a third-person action game created by British computer artist William Latham and game designer/programmer Mark Atkinson, released in 2000. The player leads a team of four "GenoHunters" exploring a planet; each of the GenoHunters can develop new abilities by incorporating and altering the DNA they've absorbed from the creatures they have killed. The GenoHunters change their physical appearance (change colors, develop spikes or horns) based on the DNA they've used to mutate themselves. Genohunters can punch, jump, super jump, breathe fire, vomit flammable liquids, shoot explosives, scramble enemies' brains, and spawn small alien offspring that injure enemies. Prior to the game's release, publisher Interplay Entertainment advertised that there are over one billion possible variations on the basic Genohunter.
The game has 12 large, linear levels populated with alien insect-like creatures known as the "parasite guardians". There are different types of these alien creatures. In some of the levels there are "Bosses" at the end which your team of GenoHunters must defeat.
The game was praised by critics as very innovative, without any major criticisms, other than the high hardware requirements (for the time) and weak multiplayer support.
- Kushner, David (May 2000). "Mutations". SPIN. 16 (5): 88. ISSN 0886-3032.
- "NG Alphas: Computer Artworks". Next Generation. No. 33. Imagine Media. September 1997. pp. 64–66.
- "Internet Archive Wayback Machine". Web.archive.org. 2008-03-14. Archived from the original on 2008-03-14. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- June 7, 2000 7:50PM PDT (2000-06-01). "Evolva Review". GameSpot.com. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- "Evolva Review". Gamerevolution.com. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- "Internet Archive Wayback Machine". Web.archive.org. 2009-05-01. Archived from the original on 2009-05-01. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
|This action game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|