Ewan, New Jersey
|Ewan, New Jersey|
|Elevation||35 m (115 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||876244|
Ewan is an unincorporated community located within Harrison Township, in Gloucester County, New Jersey, United States. The area is served by the United States Postal Service as ZIP code 08025.
The community is located east of Raccoon Creek and Ewan Lake, near the intersection of Ewan Road and Clems Run, 2.0 miles (3.2 km) south-southwest of Richwood and 3.5 miles (5.6 km) southeast of Mullica Hill.
Constructed in 1793, the Iredell House No. 2, located on Ewan Road, was constructed by Thomas Iredell for his second wife. The peak of the front of the house shows the letter "I", underneath that the letters "T.A.R." and below that the number 1793; the three letters are thought to be the initials of Iredell's three children.
- Feature Detail Report for: Ewan, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed January 1, 2015.
- Look Up a ZIP Code for Ewan, NJ, United States Postal Service. Accessed January 1, 2015.
- Zip Codes, State of New Jersey. Accessed January 1, 2015.
- Locality Search, State of New Jersey. Accessed January 1, 2015.
- N 39.69861 W 75.18611, ACME Mapper. Accessed January 2, 2015.
- Iredell House No. 2, Gloucester County, New Jersey. Accessed February 25, 2018. "Like Iredell House No. 1, this is a brick house. Thomas Iredell built it in 1793 for his second wife, Rebecca. Its distinctive chimney design is claimed to be one of only three found in the United States. The initials T.A.R. on the front peak facing the road are believed to stand for the names of the three Iredell children -- Thomas, Ann, and Rebecca."