Ewhurst is a village in Hampshire, England, and 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) northwest of Basingstoke. Its parish church dates from 1682. The village itself is much older, being referenced as "Ywyrstæ stigel" in 1023, appearing in the Domesday Book as "Werste", and later as "Ywhurst" in 1242.
The village is part of the civil parish of Baughurst and is part of the Baughurst and Tadley North ward of Basingstoke and Deane borough council. The borough council is a Non-metropolitan district of Hampshire County Council.
- Genealogical Society, Genealogical Gazetteer of England (1966)
- E. Ekwall (1960). The Concise Oxford Dictionary of English Place-Names (4th ed.). p. 170.
- "Hampshire County Council’s legal record of public rights of way in Hampshire" (PDF). 2008. Retrieved 26 October 2010.
- "Basingstoke and Deane Wards info". 2010. Archived from the original on 24 October 2010. Retrieved 26 October 2010.
- Media related to Ewhurst, Hampshire at Wikimedia Commons
|This Hampshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|