Ewine van Dishoeck
Ewine van Dishoeck
Ewine van Dishoeck (2015)
|Spouse(s)||Tim de Zeeuw|
|Fields||Astrochemistry, Astronomy, Chemistry|
|Doctoral advisors||H.J. Habing, Alexander Dalgarno|
Ewine Fleur van Dishoeck (born 13 June 1955 in Leiden) is a Dutch astronomer and chemist. She is Professor of Molecular Astrophysics at Leiden Observatory, and the president of the International Astronomical Union. She is one of the pioneers of astrochemistry, and her research is aimed at determination of the structure of cosmic objects using their molecular spectra.
She won the Kavli Prize for astrophysics in 2018. She is a member of the Royal Dutch Academy of Sciences since 2001 and the U.S. National Academy of Sciences. She received the James Craig Watson Medal in 2018, the Albert Einstein World Award of Science in 2015, the Gothenburg Lise Meitner Award in 2014, the Spinoza Prize in 2000, the Bourke Award of the Royal Society of Chemistry (UK) in 2001 and the Gold Medal of the Royal Dutch Chemical Society in 1994. She works on interstellar molecules; physical and chemical evolution during star formation and planet formation; submillimeter and mid-infrared astronomy; basic molecular processes; and the radiative transfer of line and continuum radiation.
- "Curriculum Vitae". Retrieved 2010-01-27.
- Zagorski, N. (2006). "Profile of Ewine F. Van Dishoeck". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 103 (33): 12229–12231. Bibcode:2006PNAS..10312229Z. doi:10.1073/pnas.0604740103. PMC 1567862. PMID 16894155.
- "Kavli Prize for astrophysics".
- "Ewine van Dishoeck". Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "National Academy of Sciences - Members Directory". Retrieved 2010-01-27.
- "News from the National Academy of Sciences". National Academy of Sciences. 17 January 2018. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- "2015 World Cultural Council Awards". EurekAlert!. June 10, 2015. Retrieved June 10, 2015.
- "Einstein World Award of Science voor Ewine van Dishoeck" (in Dutch). Leiden University. 10 June 2015. Archived from the original on 12 June 2015. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- Hämmerle, Hannelore (22 June 2015). "Two international awards for Ewine van Dishoeck". Innovations Report. Retrieved 22 June 2015.
- "Gothenburg Lise Meitner Award 2014, Ewine van Dishoeck". Gothenburg Physics Centre. Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- "Astrochemist Ewine van Dishoeck receives Gothenburg Lise Meitner Award 2014". Astronomie.nl. 2014-09-19. Retrieved 2014-09-19.
- "NWO/Spinoza Prizes". Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research. Archived from the original on 2011-08-22. Retrieved 2010-01-27.
- "RSC Bourke Award Previous Winners". Retrieved 2010-01-27.
- "ESO - Director General". Retrieved 2010-01-27.
|This article about a Dutch scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This European astronomer-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a chemist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|