Ewing Township, Franklin County, Illinois
Location in Franklin County
Franklin County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1884|
|• Total||38.02 sq mi (98.5 km2)|
|• Land||35.9 sq mi (93 km2)|
|• Water||2.12 sq mi (5.5 km2) 5.58%|
|Elevation||472 ft (144 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||37.5/sq mi (14.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
62812, 62836, 62846, 62897
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 38.02 square miles (98.5 km2), of which 35.9 square miles (93 km2) (or 94.42%) is land and 2.12 square miles (5.5 km2) (or 5.58%) is water. The east portion of the Wayne Fitzgerrell State Recreation Area is in this township, as is Rend Lake.
Cities, towns, villages
Ewing-Northern Grade School 115
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these nine cemeteries: Cypher, Franklin, King, Miller, Overturf, Phillips, Shiloh, Thurmond and Winemiller.
Airports and landing strips
- Rend Lake Conservancy District Heliport
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Illinois' 12th congressional district
- State House District 117
- State Senate District 59
- "Ewing Township, Franklin County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.