This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In the United Kingdom and its former colonies, an ex-service organisation is a voluntary organisation dedicated to the welfare of ex-service personnel (veterans). In addition to welfare services, they often participate in community projects and their 'local' or club is often a well-known meeting place or restaurant in a locality.
Membership is generally open to ex-service personnel, serving or retired members of the armed forces, police officers and sometimes to members of the public.
- Memorable Order of Tin Hats
- Returned & Services League of Australia
- Royal Air Forces Association
- Royal Commonwealth Ex-Services League
- Royal New Zealand Returned and Services Association
- The Royal British Legion
- The Royal Canadian Legion
- The South African Legion
- "And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda", a song
- The American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars – similar organisations in the United States
- Organisation of National Ex-Servicemen – similar organisation in Ireland
- List of veterans organizations
|This organization-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|