ExaGrid Systems, Inc. is a disk-based backup hardware company that was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, with several satellite offices throughout the United States, Europe and Asia.
The ExaGrid disk-based backup system with data deduplication
||This section contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The ExaGrid system is a disk backup appliance with data deduplication that works with existing backup applications (see List of backup software). ExaGrid uses compression and data deduplication (sometimes called Capacity optimization) to minimize the amount of data stored. This works by using standard data compression for the most recent backups, along with saving only byte-level changes from backup to backup for all previous backups. This approach can reduce the disk space required for disk-based backup storage by 20 to 1.
A second system can be installed at another location to supplement or eliminate offsite tapes, providing disk-based recovery in the event of a disaster. The data deduplication technology only moves changes over the Wide area network, reducing WAN bandwidth requirements.
ExaGrid derives its name in part from the internal Grid computing architecture used. ExaGrid data deduplication servers virtualize into the GRID to present a single pool of memory, processor and disk storage. This allows the system to grow as backup data grows, without degrading performance.
- The target deduplication storage appliance is a multibillion dollar market.
- ExaGrid Systems website
- ExaGrid Disk Backup with Data Deduplication Product Line.
- Read hundreds of published ExaGrid customer success stories.
- Deduplication Blog.
- Veeam and ExaGrid backup solutions for Modern Data Centers.
- "ExaGrid Systems Announces Certification of the ExaGrid Disk-Based Backup System with CommVault Galaxy Backup & Recovery". Business Wire.
- CRESPI, MARC. "DATA DEDUPLICATION IN VIRTUALIZED ENVIRONMENTS". Backup Academy. Veeam Software.