Exactis is a data broker.
Exactis became notable in June 2018, after a discovery by cybersecurity researcher Vinny Troia  detailed how the organization made nearly 340 million detailed records about individual people available on a publicly accessible server, leaving those people at heightened risk of being impersonated, profiled or otherwise exploited through social engineering.
Exactis had reportedly accumulated some or all of its information without the knowledge or explicit consent of the data subjects.
- "Marketing Firm Leaked Database With 340 Million Records".
- "Exactis said to have exposed 340 million records in massive leak". 28 June 2018.
- "Marketing Firm Leaked Database With 340 Million Records". WIRED. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- "A New Data Leak Reportedly Exposed 230 Million Americans' Personal Information".
- Paul, Kari. "What is Exactis—and how could it have leaked the data of nearly every American?".
|This Florida-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|