Screenshot of Exaile 3.4.3
|Original author(s)||Adam Olsen|
|Developer(s)||Dustin Spicuzza, Johannes Sasongko, Mathias Brodala|
|Stable release||3.4.5 (April 27, 2015[±])|
|Preview release||4.0.0 Beta 2 (June 15, 2017[±])|
|Written in||Python (PyGObject) and GTK+ Widget toolkit|
|Operating system||Unix-like; Mac OS X, Windows|
|License||GNU GPLv2 or later|
Exaile is a cross-platform free and open-source audio player, tag editor and library organizer. It was originally conceived to be similar in style and functions to KDE's Amarok 1.4, but uses the GTK+ widget toolkit rather than Qt. It is written in Python and utilizes the GStreamer media framework.
Exaile incorporates many features from Amarok (and other media players) like automatic fetching of album art, handling of large libraries, lyrics fetching, Last.fm support, advanced tag editing, and optional iPod and MSC device support via plugins.
Compared to typical music players, Exaile is able to handle large music libraries without requiring a massive importing of all music files into its own organizational structure. To facilitate this, Exaile allows users to organize their music library in a wide variety of ways. Such as by tags, group tags, smart playlists, genre, storage location, and more.
- "license notice placed in each file of the projects repository". Retrieved 2017-11-17."This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version."
- Stahie, Silviu (2015-04-30). "Exaile Music Player Review - An Excellent Media Player That Should Be More Popular". Softpedia. Retrieved 2017-04-18.
- Marinof, Mihai (2007-01-11). "Exaile Review". Softpedia. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "Details of package Exaile in jaunty". Retrieved 2009-10-11.
- "Exaile – Music Player for Gtk+". Retrieved 2009-10-11.
- Germain, Jack M. (2013-05-29). "Exaile Makes Playing Music Simple and Stress-Free | Reviews | LinuxInsider". www.linuxinsider.com. Retrieved 2017-04-18.
- "Exaile - The Linux Music Player of Awesomeness". Retrieved 2009-10-11.
- Review: Exaile Makes Playing Music Simple and Stress-Free, by LinuxInsider.com
- Review: Exaile Media Player, by linux.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Exaile.|
|This free-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This multimedia software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|