Exarchate of the Philippines
|Part of a series on the|
|Eastern Orthodox Church|
The Exarchate of the Philippines is a jurisdiction of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople governed by the Orthodox Metropolitanate of Hong Kong and Southeast Asia (OMHKSEA). As of 1 September 2009[update], there are some 560 members of this jurisdiction in the country, around 40 of those being expatriates.[not in citation given] There are three parishes and three chapels in the Philippines.
The Annunciation of the Theotokos Orthodox Church was consecrated by Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I on March 5, 2000, during his visit to the Philippines. Despite not being the bishop's seat—the cathedra—it is sometimes called a "cathedral" because it is the only church in the metropolis blessed by the Ecumenical Patriarch.
There are three major centres of Orthodoxy in the Philippines: Sucat, Parañaque in Metro Manila; around Los Baños; and in Bajada, Cataingan, Masbate. There are currently five priests and two monastic nuns in the Philippines.
Parishes and chapels
- Annunciation Orthodox Cathedral, Parañaque, Metro Manila 
- Theotokos Orthodox Church, Cataingan, Masbate
- Holy Trinity Orthodox Church, Los Baños, Laguna
- St Nectarios Chapel, Quezon City, Metro Manila
- St Eleftherios Chapel, Sorsogon, Bicol
- Holy Resurrection Orthodox Chapel, Cotabato, Mindanao
One more church, the Holy Cross Orthodox Church in Siniloan, Laguna, is functioning alternatively, in connection with the Holy Trinity parish of Los Baňos.
- History of Eastern Christianity in the Philippines
- Christianity in the Philippines
- Antiochian Orthodox Christian Mission in the Philippines, Orthodox parishes under the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia, New Zealand, and All Oceania
- Philippine Christmas traditions
- Philippine Orthodox Church
- Status of religious freedom in the Philippines
- Vincentius Escarcha
- "Profiles of Parishes and Organizations throughout the Metropolis". Metropolitanate of Hong Kong and Southeast Asia. Retrieved 2007-08-02.
- "Nikitas of Hong Kong". Retrieved 2007-08-02.
- Article provided by Philemon Castro. "The Orthodox Church in the Philippines". Metropolitanate of Hong Kong and Southeast Asia. Retrieved 2007-08-02.
- Miltiadis Adamopoulos (Milton Adamson). "Greeks in the Philippines and their contributions to the country". Hellenic Resources Network. Archived from the original on 2008-02-03. Retrieved 2007-08-02. (archived from the original on 2008-02-03)
- "Philippines: Orthodox Patriarch visits fledgling local Orthodox Church". Union of Catholic Asian News. Retrieved 2007-07-28.
- "THE WEBSITE OF ANNUNCIATION ORTHODOX CATHEDRAL MANILA". ANNUNCIATION ORTHODOX CATHEDRAL MANILA. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- Philemon Castro. "Philippines In Review 1998". Metropolitanate of Hong Kong and Southeast Asia. Retrieved 2007-08-22.
- Orthodox Metropolitanate of Hong Kong and Southeast Asia
- Major events in Philippine Orthodoxy
- Official site of the Holy Trinity Orthodox Church, Los Baňos, Laguna
- Called to the Philippines
- A priest's description of Orthodox missionary work in the Philippines
- History of the first Filipino Orthodox Community in Bajada, Cataingan, Masbate
- OrthodoxWiki article on the Rev. Fr. Philemon Castro
- Holy Trinity Orthodox Church in Los Baňos, Laguna