|Operating bases||Long Island MacArthur Airport|
|Fleet size||9|
ExcelAire, LLC is a United States air charter company based at Long Island MacArthur Airport in Ronkonkoma, New York. ExcelAire LLC specializes in worldwide jet and helicopter charters, aircraft management, maintenance and aircraft sales.
Founded in 1993 by Bob Sherry, ExcelAire is currently headed by his son Robert Sherry Jr., its president. Excelaire is a division of Hawthorne Global Aviation Services. Their heavy jet fleet is one of the largest on the Eastern Seaboard of the United States, consisting of 11 heavy jets as of 2016[update]. ExcelAire's headquarters is housed in 200,000 square feet of hangar space at Long Island MacArthur Airport.
- 5 Embraer Legacy 600 (as of August 2016[update])
- Bombardier Global Express
- Gulfstream IV
- Falcon 900
- Gulfstream V
A brand new Embraer Legacy 600 was involved in a mid-air collision with Gol Transportes Aéreos Flight 1907. All on board the Boeing 737 were killed, while everyone on the Legacy jet survived. This incident caused the 2006–2007 Brazilian aviation crisis that started on September 26, 2006: At the time it was Brazil's deadliest Aviation crash, surpassing VASP Flight 168 and surpassed by TAM Airlines Flight 3054 at Congonhas-São Paulo Airport on July 17, 2007. After investigation by the FAA and Brazilian authorities, it was found that air traffic control in Brazil had set the two aircraft on a collision course that ultimately led to the incident.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-06-10. Retrieved 2016-08-16.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Bloomberg Businessweek - Bob Sherry
- Hawthorne Global Aviation Services - Jet Charters
- ExcelAire - Heavy Jet Fleet Information
- no fleet numbers in citation
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part Two)". Airliner World (November 2016): 38.