Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Excellus BCBS, or Excellus) is a non-profit health insurance company headquartered in Rochester, New York. It is part of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. Excellus BCBS is upstate New York's largest nonprofit health plan.
Excellus was the target of a cyberattack in 2015, in which 10.5 million records were hacked, and cost the company 17.5 million dollars.
The company's BlueCross BlueShield subsidiaries have been known as:
- BlueCross BlueShield of Central New York,
- BlueCross BlueShield of the Rochester Area,
- BlueCross BlueShield of Utica-Watertown.
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield has four regional headquarters and additional field offices:
- Central New York Region, based in Syracuse with an additional office in Watertown;
- Central New York Southern Tier Region, based in Elmira with an additional office in Binghamton;
- Rochester Region, based in Rochester;
- Utica Region, based in Utica with additional offices in Oneonta and Plattsburgh.
- "Contributing to a Health Economy for Upstate New York" (PDF). Excellus. Spring 2010. Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- "Stories". www.bizjournals.com. October 23, 2000. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- "Stories". www.bizjournals.com. October 1, 2001. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- "Approval rate". myportal.dfs.ny.gov. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- "Breach cost Excellus $17.3M in 2015". Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. Retrieved 28 January 2019.
- "Company Information". Excellus BlueCross BlueShield. Retrieved 11 August 2011.