|Directed by||Maurice Murphy|
|Produced by||Phillip Avalon|
|Written by||Phillip Avalon|
|Music by||John Capek|
|Box office||A$3,634 (Australia)|
Exchange Lifeguards is a 1992 Australian-American comedy film directed by Maurice Murphy and starring Christopher Atkins, Julian McMahon and Elliott Gould. The american title is Wet and Wild Summer!
A property developer wants to take over an Australian beach for a high rise resort. He sends his son to Australia to check out the situation, posing as an exchange lifeguard. He falls in love with a woman who owns the land his father needs for the development and finds himself sympathising with the locals.
- Christopher Atkins as Bobby McCain
- Julian McMahon as Mick Dooley
- Rebecca Cross as Julie Thomas
- Vanessa Steele as Charlene
- Elliott Gould as Mike McCain
- Richard Carter as Al Eastman
- Amanda Newman-Phillips as Kylie
- Christopher Pate as Richard Gray
- Lois Larimore as Donna McCain
- Brian M. Logan as Terry
- Mark Hembrow as Max
- Peter Gow as Tishi
- Anthony Lawrence as Clint Eastman
- Ann Brisk as Annie McCain
- "Australian Films at the Australian Box Office", Film Victoria accessed 12 November 2012
- Exchange Lifeguards review at Variety accessed 9 November 2012
- Robert A. Nowlan, Gwendolyn Wright Nowlan. The Films of the Nineties. McFarland, 2001. ISBN 0786409746.
- Mick Martin, Marsha Porter. Video Movie Guide. Ballantine Books, 1996. ISBN 0345406435.
|This article related to an Australian film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1990s thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|