Exchange Quay tram stop
Exchange Quay tram stop in November 2018.
Location of Exchange Quay in Greater Manchester
|Fare zone information|
|Present status||In operation|
|Opened||12 June 1999|
Exchange Quay is a tram stop on the Eccles Line of Greater Manchester's light rail Metrolink system. It is located in the Salford Quays area, in North West England, and opened on 12 June 1999 as part of Phase 2 of the system's expansion. The stop serves the Exchange Quay office complex and the surrounding area and is often used as a stop for Old Trafford football stadium.
The station serves the Exchange Quay office complex in Salford Quays and the surrounding area. The complex, owned by Hunter Property Fund Management, consists of six office buildings, a gym, several car parks, and a retail area. Due to the station's close proximity to Old Trafford football stadium it is frequently used on match-days by fans using the Eccles and MediaCityUK services.
- 12 minute service to Etihad Campus (peak).
- 12 minute service to MediaCityUK (peak).
- 12 minute service to Eccles (via MediaCityUK at offpeak times).
- 12 minute service to Ashton-under-Lyne.
Connecting bus routes
Exchange Quay station is served by Arriva North West services 71 and 73, which stop outside the station on Ordsall Lane. The service runs to Clifton via Pendleton and Swinton and to Manchester Shudehill Interchange. Arriva service 70 also serves the station on Sundays, which also runs to Manchester and to Clifton, although via Eccles. Arriva service 245 starts/ends its journeys at Exchange Quay and runs throughout the day Monday–Saturdays to Altrincham via Trafford Centre, Flixton, Urmston, Stretford and Sale
The station is also served by services stopping on Trafford Road. First Greater Manchester service 53, which runs to Pendleton and to Cheetham Hill via Rusholme, Gorton and Harpurhey, while Arriva service 79 runs to Swinton via Ordsall and Pendleton and to Stretford via Old Trafford.
- "Exchange Quay – Brochure" (PDF). Hunter. Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- "US investors in £30m Exchange Quay Deal". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- "Metrolink - Walking route to Old Trafford" (PDF). Metrolink. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 March 2014. Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- "Transport for Greater Manchester - Journey Planning - Network Maps". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
Media related to Exchange Quay Metrolink station at Wikimedia Commons
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
|Eccles – Ashton-under-Lyne Line||
|MediaCityUK – Etihad Campus Line||
towards Etihad Campus
Railway Lines in Salford
Past, present and future