This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Privately held company|
|Headquarters||Farnborough, United Kingdom|
|David Ferguson (CEO)|
Daniel Richardson (CTO)
Number of employees
Exclaimer is an independent software vendor and cloud service provider based in Farnborough, Hampshire, UK. The company also has offices in the Netherlands, United States, Germany and Australia. It develops, sells and provides support for a suite of email utilities and cloud computing technologies designed for adding disclaimers, branding, personalised email signatures, email archiving, anti-spam, retention-policy enforcement, auto replies and regulatory compliance for corporate email.
Its products are designed to work with Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Outlook, Office 365 and G Suite to give IT departments greater control over their entire email system(s) without altering the individual user experience. It also offers a bespoke email signature design service and has been a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner since 2007. It became a Google Cloud Partner in 2018.
Exclaimer successfully achieved the ISO 27001:2013 Certification for Information Security Management in February 2016 from Alcumus ISOQAR and the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS). This is specifically for the development and supply of a cloud hosted email signature management system. It was also awarded the Queen's Award for Enterprise in April 2016 for International Trade, the highest official UK award a British business can achieve. The company then became an official Crown Commercial Service Supplier to the UK public sector in August 2016..
The company was founded in 2001 and was the first company to create a bespoke email signature solution for Microsoft Exchange Server. Since then, Exclaimer has become firmly established as the major supplier of email signature software/services to more than 75 million users worldwide including organizations in the legal, financial, healthcare, local and central government, manufacturing and media industries. It has also written an official For Dummies guide on Email Signatures.
On 6 December 2016, Livingbridge invested £23 million in Exclaimer. The investment was advised by PricewaterhouseCoopers and was the last primary investment from Livingbridge 5, the firm's £360m fund raised in 2012.
Types of Product
Email disclaiming, branding, signatures and compliance
- Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 - first released in July 2015, Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office is an online cloud-based email management tool that among other things adds disclaimers, corporate branding and personalised signature blocks to email messages sent from or received by Office 365. It was named as one of the top innovations at Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference in 2015.
- Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite - released in April 2018,  Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite is designed to work specifically with Google's productivity service G Suite. This marked Exclaimer's first email signature management solution designed specifically for the Google Cloud marketplace.
- Exclaimer Signature Manager Product Suite - the Exclaimer Signature Manager Product Suite is a collection of on-premises software tools to automate and control the management of a business' email signature/s. The software solutions are compatible with Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Outlook and Office 365.
- Exclaimer Template Editor - released in February 2014, Exclaimer Template Editor is an all-purpose email signature editor to allow a non-technical department to build signature templates without using dedicated IT assets.
- Exclaimer Mail Archiver - first released in October 2005 then relaunched in 2013, Exclaimer Mail Archiver for Microsoft Exchange archives inbound, outbound and internal email to an archive database for self-service search and retrieval via a web client or client-side software. It helps organizations fulfil regulatory email storage requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley and to maintain internal email retention policies.
Automating email responses
- Exclaimer Auto Responder - first released in May 2010, Exclaimer Auto Responder is an on-premises software tool designed to let a business create automated responses to emails that are sent through Microsoft Exchange Server.
Adding pictures to your Active Directory
- Exclaimer Outlook Photos - first released in March 2011, Exclaimer Outlook Photos adds images to an organization's Active Directory to allow for personalized emails or inserting them into other products that use Active Directory.
Additional email utility tools
- Exclaimer Email Alias Manager for Exchange - released in 2013, this lets users send from multiple email addresses from one Exchange mailbox. It eliminates the need for setting up different POP3 accounts or using unintuitive workarounds.
- The Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 ‘Ones to Watch’
- The Telegraph Trade Awards 2018 - Best International Export SME 2018
- 2018 IAMCP Global Partner-to-Partner Awards Finalist (EMEA & Worldwide)
- CRN Sales and Marketing Awards 2018 - Best Partner Programme Finalist & Technology Innovation Award Finalist
- 2017 IAMCP Global Partner-to-Partner Awards Finalist
- The Sunday Times Lloyds SME Export Track 100
- CRN Sales and Marketing Awards 2016 - Best Technology Innovation Award Finalist
- Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2016
- CloudComputingAdmin.com Gold Award - Signatures for Office 365
- Thames Valley Business Magazine Awards 2014 - SME of the Year Finalist
- Inspire Business Awards 2014 - International Business of the Year Runner Up
- MSExchange.org Readers' Choice Award - Best Outlook Add-On & Best Exchange OWA Add-On (2010-2016)
- Best of Microsoft TechEd North America 2012
- Windows IT Pro Editor's Choice Award 2012 - Best Messaging Product
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Circular 230
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act
- Companies Act 2006
- Basel III
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Official website
- Corporate Overview
- Exclaimer Products
- The Email Signature Handbook
- Conversational Office 365 Email Signatures
- Managing Email Signatures in G Suite
- Email Signatures for Dummies
- The 17 Email Signature DOs and DON'Ts
- "Exclaimer Receives ISO 27001:2013 Certification". PRWeb.
- "Exclaimer Wins Queen's Award for Enterprise 2016". PRWeb.
- "Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365". GOV.UK.
- "Livingbridge signs up to £23 million Exclaimer investment". Livingbridge.
- "Exclaimer Launches New Cloud-Based Service to Centrally Manage Email Signatures for Office 365™". PRWeb.
- Ratish Nair. "Exclaimer Cloud – Signatures for Office 365". MSExchangeGuru.com.
- J.Peter Bruzzese. "6 innovations from Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference". Infoworld.
- "Exclaimer Extends its Award-Winning Cloud Email Signature Solution to G Suite™". PRWeb.
- "Exclaimer Launches Signature Manager Exchange Edition and Outlook Edition". PRNewswire.
- "Exclaimer Launches New Version of its Award-Winning Managed Email Signature Software Worldwide". PRWeb.
- "Exclaimer Launches Their Highly Anticipated Email Archiver for Microsoft Exchange". PRNewswire.
- Nathan Winters. "Exclaimer Auto Responder". Windows IT Pro.
- Praveen Balan. "Give people photos in Outlook, SharePoint and Lync". Exchange Dictionary.
- Steve Goodman. "Product Review: Exclaimer Email Alias Manager". MSExchange.org.
- "Profit Track Ones to Watch 2019". The Sunday Times.
- "The Telegraph Trade Awards winners". The Telegraph.
- "Exclaimer Announced as Finalist in the 2018 Global Partner-to-Partner Awards Program". PRweb.
- CRN. "Shortlist 2018". channelweb.co.uk.
- International Association of Microsoft Channel Partners. "IAMCP Announces Winners and Finalists in the 2017 Global Partner-to-Partner Awards Program". iamcp.org.
- Fast Track. "SME Fast Track Export 100". fasttrack.co.uk.
- CRN. "Shortlist 2016". channelweb.co.uk.
- Rebecca Burn-Callander. "Britain's brightest businesses named in Queen's Awards". The Telegraph.
- Nuno Mota. "Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365". Techgenix.
- Linda Morse. "Thames Valley Business Magazine Awards 2014 Winners". Thames Valley Business Magazine Awards.
- Megan Titley. "Inspire Business Awards - Exclaimer Ltd". getHampshire.
- "Exclaimer Signature Manager Outlook Edition Voted MSExchange.org Readers' Choice Award Winner For Fifth Year". PRWeb.
- Jason Bovberg. "Best of TechEd 2012 Finalists Announced". Windows IT Pro.
- Jason Bovberg. "2012 Windows IT Pro Editors' Best and Community Choice Awards". Windows IT Pro.