It is also used at certain colleges to define a required note to take absence from school either for entire days, or parts of a day for appointments, interviews, open days and other [clarification needed] Students at Oxford University, Cambridge University, and other British universities have also been required to obtain such permission to leave college overnight.
In the Commonwealth
A similar method of exeat notifications is used in many Commonwealth schools. It is common for Australian schools to call the long weekends of leave enjoyed by boarders an exeat weekend. This results in the boarding house closing for the weekend. This typically involves an extra day of leave associated with a public holiday to create a long weekend.
|Look up exeat in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Exeat — definition from the Free Online Dictionary.
- Boarding in the UK, The Hobsons UK Boarding Schools Guide.
- Exeat & Leave Weekend Request Forms, Charterhouse School.
- "Regulations For Junior Members" (PDF). Saint Peter's College, Oxford. August 2005. Archived from the original (PDF) on February 7, 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- "Glossary of Cambridge jargon". Queens.cam.ac.uk. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- School Rules, Newington College.
- Parent Handbook, p. 13, Broome Residential College.
- Wentworth College – Prospectus – Contact Procedures Archived September 12, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.