Theatrical film poster
|Directed by||Dan Villegas|
|Produced by||Elma Medua|
|Screenplay by||Dwein Baltazar|
|Edited by||Marya Ignacio|
|Box office||₱355.50 million (International)|
Exes Baggage is a 2018 Philippine romantic drama film directed by Dan Villegas, starring Angelica Panganiban and Carlo Aquino. The film was produced by Black Sheep Productions as their theatrical debut and is distributed by ABS-CBN Films
The film also marks as Aquino and Panganiban's long awaited reunion movie.
The story begins two years after the break up between Pia (Angelica Panganiban) and Nix Cabangon (Carlo Aquino) and they were invited in the party made by the married couple Reyna (Dionne Monsanto) and Tops. It shows some flashbacks where Pia and Reyna gazed on Nix at the bar which leads Pia to begin their romantic relationship with Nix after they both explained their main problems about their exes and Nix's hospitality to her. As soon as Pia sees Migs (Joem Bascon) and his family at All Home, Nix became jealous to her which leads them to have a fall out with each other at their home and is often mentioned about Nix's ex-girlfriend Dwein (Coleen Garcia). Nix soon apologizes to Pia for his rash behavior and not to mentioned about his ex. As Dwein showed up with Tops for the furnitures she wanted for Nix, this causes Pia to get jealous, realizing that Nix still have feelings for her and she was the main reason why Pia had broke up with Nix and left him at his home without stopping her.
Back at the present day, the two reintroduced themselves after their break up despite their actions between them until Tops' announcement to have a second baby with Reyna as the band plays the song that Nix sang for Pia in their previous relationship. When both Pia and Nix almost kissed, it was revealed that Pia had already have a boyfriend named Anton who called her back home which makes Pia to leave the party. As Pia gets inside the car to get home, Nix showed up to say goodbye to her while calling her car as Ogie (which Pia names it in the beginning of the film). Pia finally refuses to call back on Anton from her phone and decides to reconcile with Nix.
- Dionne Monsanto as Reyna
The film released its one minute teaser in the production company's Facebook page on August 4, 2018 and the video garnered almost 2 million views. The second teaser was released via the production company's Facebook page on September 1, 2018 where the theatrical released date is also revealed, releasing the film theatrically on September 26, 2018.
The film earned a total of ₱355.50 million in domestic and international showings as of October 23, 2018.
- "Exes Baggage (2018) – Running time". IMDb. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- "Exes Baggage (2018) – Box office gross (International)". ABS-CBN. Dan Villegas, Black Sheep Productions, and ABS-CBN News. October 12, 2018. Event occurs at 03:53 PM. Retrieved October 23, 2018.
- "'Car-Gel' reunites in first teaser of 'Exes Baggage'". Philippine Star Global. August 5, 2018. Retrieved August 6, 2018.
- "First teaser for Angelica-Carlo reunion movie 'Exes Baggage'". ABS-CBN News. ABS-CBN. August 4, 2018. Event occurs at 07:36 PM. Retrieved August 6, 2018.
- "Angelica Panganiban, Carlo Aquino charm in 'Exes Baggage' teaser". Rappler. August 5, 2018. Event occurs at 12:!2 PM. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- Black Sheep Production (August 4, 2018). "Exes Baggage – Official Teaser". Facebook. Retrieved August 6, 2018.
- Black Sheep Production (September 1, 2018). "Exes Baggage – Official second teaser". Facebook. Event occurs at Around 12 PM. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- "'Exes Baggage' earns P21 million on 1st day of showing". ABS-CBN News. ABSCBN. September 27, 2018. Event occurs at 1:57 AM. Retrieved September 27, 2018.
- "Exes Baggage (2018) – Box office gross (Domestic)". Instagram. Dan Villegas & Black Sheep Productions. October 5, 2018. Retrieved October 6, 2018.
|This article about a film made in the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|