Exhibition Station (MTR)
|Future MTR rapid transit station|
Construction in February 2016
|Location||Intersection of Fleming Road and Convention Avenue, Wan Chai
Wan Chai District, Hong Kong
|Owned by||KCR Corporation (North South Corridor); MTR Corporation (Tseung Kwan O Line)|
|Operated by||MTR Corporation|
|Platforms||2 (2 side platforms)|
Exhibition (Chinese: 會展) is an MTR interchange station under construction on the proposed North Island Line and the North South Corridor. It will be an underground station located underneath the existing Wan Chai North public transport interchange, Harbour Road Sports Centre and Wan Chai Swimming Pool. It will serve the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre at Wan Chai North, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong. The station will be completed in 2020 or 2021.
It will be an interchange between the North Island Line (the extension of Tseung Kwan O Line) and the North South Corridor of the Sha Tin-Central Link, offering cross-platform interchange between the two lines. Yet, only North South Corridor platform will be open in service first, as the North Island Line will be still under planning.
The station is being designed by Farrells. In January 2015, MTR awarded a contract to Leighton in joint venture with China State Construction to construct the station and western approach tunnel. The Wan Chai Bus Terminus, where the station will be built, was relocated to newly reclaimed land and the station groundbreaking took place on the former bus station site on 20 April 2015.
The station will be built on the site of the existing Harbour Road Sports Centre, Wan Chai Swimming Pool, and a bus terminus, which must all be demolished and reprovisioned elsewhere before construction shall begin. The swimming pool and sports centre are being rebuilt on the car park site immediately to the south. The bus terminus has temporarily relocated to the reclamation area near the new Wan Chai Ferry Pier.
On top of the Exhibition Station, a Convention Centre will be built as an expansion of the nearby Convention and Exhibition Centre. The enabling works for this topside development are included during the station construction.
- A: Wan Chai North Public Transport Interchange
- B: Harbour Road Sports Centre
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Exhibition Station (MTR).|
- "政府全資374億建沙中線(A4)". Ming Pao. 2008-03-12.
- "Hong Kong Island Section Newsletter" (PDF). MTR Corporation. May 2015.
- Transport and Housing Bureau (June 2016). "Progress Update of the Construction of the Shatin to Central Link (As at 31 March 2016)" (PDF). Legislative Council Panel on Transport Subcommittee on Matters Relating to Railways. p. 8. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
To allow flexibility for the construction of convention facilities above Exhibition Station, a certain part of the enabling works for the topside development would be incorporated into the underground structure of Exhibition Station.
- MTR Corporation (November 2011). "Shatin to Central Link - Hung Hom to Admiralty Section Environmental Impart Assessment". Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- This article draws some information from the corresponding article in Chinese Wikipedia.
|This MTR- or MTR Corporation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|