Exiles (Red Skull allies)
|First appearance||Tales of Suspense #41 (May 1963)|
|Created by||Stan Lee and Jack Kirby|
|Type of organization||Terrorist organizations|
The group subsequently appears in Captain America #102-104 (June-August 1968), in Captain America #115-118 (July-October 1969), Astonishing Tales #4-5 (February-April 1971) and Avengers #16 (October 2011).
Fictional organization history
The Exiles were a band of war criminals, mostly German, from World War II, who were formerly allied with the Red Skull. They include:
- Baldini - An Italian who uses a scarf as a whip-like weapon.
- Cadavus - A war criminal whose wheelchair can fire blasts.
- General Ching - A Chinese master of the pistol.
- Gruning - A war criminal who wields a whip.
- Jurge "Iron-Hand" Hauptmann - A war criminal who has an iron gauntlet.
- Krushki - An extremely strong Russian.
After the Red Skull recovered from suspended animation since World War II, he travelled to the Isle of the Exiles, where he was reunited with his old allies. He led them on unsuccessful campaigns against his old enemy Captain America, and even Doctor Doom.
During the new Red Skull's campaign of fear, the Exiles set a trap for Steve Rogers but suffer heavy casualties.
- Iron Man #6 (July 1998)
- Captain America #606
- Avengers #16 (October 2011)
- Exiles at the Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe
- Exiles (criminal group) at Marvel Database
|This Marvel Comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|