Exim Bank Agricultural University Bangladesh
এক্সিম ব্যাংক কৃষি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় বাংলাদেশ
|Type||Research Based Private Agricultural University|
|Founder||EXIM Bank Agricultural University Bangladesh Trust|
|Exim Bank (Bangladesh)|
|Affiliation||University Grants Commission of Bangladesh|
|Chancellor||Advocate Abdul Hamid The President of the People's Republic of Bangladesh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof Dr. ABM Rashedul Hasan|
|Undergraduates||BS Agriculture, BS Agricultural Economics, BBA, LL.B|
69-69/1, Boro Indara Moor,
- 1 History
- 2 Academics
- 3 Faculties and Departments
- 4 Permanent campus
- 5 Memorandum of Understanding with other Universities
- 6 Available programs
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Honorable Prime Minister of the People's Republic of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the university through a function at her official residence Ganobhaban on 9 October 2013. Until 2013, there was no existence of private agricultural university in Bangladesh.
EBAUB uses English as its Medium of Instruction and implements Term based Course Credit System, where the student can understand going through the following points thoroughly:
- The Course Credit System: The course credit system involves course work with regular classes, assignments, unannounced quizzes, and pre-scheduled 2 midterms and final examinations. In this system, subject matter is taught in modules (courses) of reasonably homogenous subject matter, The students will receive “Grades” for each of the courses taken to indicate the extent of his/her mastery of the subject matter taught in each respective course.
- Term: An academic year is divided into three terms – Summer, Autumn and Winter. Each term consists of 12 (twelve) effective weeks.
- Credit: One class hour in a week during a term shall be considered as one credit. For laboratory classes, two class hours shall be considered as one credit.
- Course: A course is a set of topics delivered to the students by lectures, contact hours and practical exercises on a specific subject incorporated in the approved curricular layout and developed by faculty members.
Faculties and Departments
Faculty of Agriculture
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Agroforestry and Environment
- Agricultural Engineering
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Environmental Science
- Computer Science and Information Technology( CSIT )
- Crop Botany
- Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
- Seed Science and Technology Unit
Faculty of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development
- Department of Agricultural Economics
- Department of Agribusiness
- Department of Agricultural Finance & Cooperatives
- Department of Rural Development
- Department of Statistics
Faculty of Business Administration
Faculty of LAW
- Department of LAW and Justice
EXIM Bank Agricultural University Bangladesh, Has started procuring land for its permanent campus. In an area near Amnura the university has already purchased land for its initial phase and aims to procure 1200 Bigha (480.628272 Acres) very soon.
Memorandum of Understanding with other Universities
EXIM Bank Agricultural University has Signed MOU with the following Academic Institutions
- Charles Sturt University, Queensland, Australia
- Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka
- Universiti Teknologi MARA, Malaysia
- University of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Begum Rokeya University, Rangpur, Bangladesh
- BS. Agriculture
- BS. Agricultural Economics
- EMBA (Executive Master in Business Administration)
- MBA (Master in Business Administration)
- MBM (Master in Bank Management)
- University of Rajshahi (RU)
- Bangladesh Agricultural University
- Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (BSMRAU)
- Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology (RUET)
- University of Dhaka (DU)
- List of universities in Bangladesh
- "University Grants Commission". Archived from the original on 28 August 2018. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Prof Hasan new VC of EXIM BAUB". The Financial Express Online Version. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- Country’s first private agriculture university starts journey. "Exim Bank Agriculture University, the country's first private agriculture university in Chapainawabganj, started its journey yesterday creating new scopes for the students interested in higher education on agriculture".
- First Private Agricultural University in bangladesh. "বাংলাদেশের প্রথম বেসরকারি কৃষি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়".
- Permanent Land Procurement. "১২ শ' বিঘা জমিতে গড়ে উঠছে ইবিএইউ'র দৃষ্টিনন্দন ক্যাম্পাস". bahumatrik.com. bahumatrik.com. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- MOU With Australian University. "ইবিএইউবি ও অস্ট্রেলিয়ান বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের চুক্তি".
- MOU With Malaysian University. "এক্সিম ব্যাংক কৃষি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় ও মালয়েশিয়ান ইউনিভার্সিটির সমঝোতা চুক্তি".
- MOU With Malaysian University. "এক্সিম ব্যাংক কৃষি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় ও ইউনিভার্সিটি কুয়ালালামপুরের মধ্যে সমঝোতা চুক্তি".
- MOU With Begum Rokeya University University. "বেগম রোকেয়া বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের সাথে এক্সিম ব্যাংক কৃষি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের সমঝোতা স্মারক স্বাক্ষরিত".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Exim Bank Agricultural University Bangladesh.|