Exit intent popup
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
An exit intent popup is a technique used in online shops and websites to retain visitors that are going to leave the site.
Exit intent technology, including the detection of exit behavior of an internet user, was invented and patented by Ryan Urban, the CEO and co-founder of BounceX, in 2012.
Exit intent technology on mobile devices
The exit-intent technology works differently on mobile devices than on a desktop. There is no mouse movement to track, so advanced exit intent popup software will show a popup once a visitor tries to click "back" or close the mobile browser tab. Trusted Shops with their Trustbadge technology.
- ^ "19 Exit Intent Popup Examples to Increase Conversion and Grow Revenue". blog.useproof.com. Retrieved 2018-08-20.
- ^ "Exit intent popup for WordPress". answerly.io. Retrieved 2018-08-20.
- ^ "Detection of exit behavior of an internet user". patents.google.com. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- ^ Wang, William Yu Chung; Wang, Yichuan (April 2020). "Analytics in the era of big data: The digital transformations and value creation in industrial marketing". Industrial Marketing Management. 86: 12–15. doi:10.1016/j.indmarman.2020.01.005. ISSN 0019-8501. S2CID 213857253.
- ^ "Integration". business.trustedshops.de (in German). Retrieved 2022-02-23.