|Type of business||Privately held|
|Created by||Benjamin Fonzé|
|Key people||Adrien Fonzé
(Chief Operating Officer)
|Alexa rank||332 (May 2017[update])|
ExoClick is a Barcelona-based online advertising company, which provides online advertising services to both advertisers and publishers all over the world via web, mobile, tablet and smart TV. ExoClick's customers include advertisers, advertising agencies, traffic distribution partners and publishers.
ExoClick was founded in December 2006, as an online project by current CEO Benjamin Fonzé. The first version of the ExoClick self-service ad system appeared online a few months later. ExoClick immediately opened the service to the international market and reached 20 million impressions per day on average. In 2009, the company reached 200 million impressions per day and by 2010, it had evolved to 500 million daily impressions.
During summer 2011, the company moved its office to the Torre Mapfre skyscraper situated in Barcelona (Spain), and was then serving 1.7 billion ad impressions per day. By November 2011 it was among the top 500 in Alexa traffic rankings. In 2011, BuiltWith listed ExoClick as the 2nd fastest growing advertising technology in the world.
In 2012 the company incorporated mobile advertising into its proprietary ad platform. The company grew rapidly and by May 2014 the company was serving 4 billion daily impressions, more than 125 billion per month (both web and mobile) and W3Techs ranked it the 5th biggest ad network in the world. The current status of the site according to Google diagnostics is clean
In 2015, ExoClick was ranked 4th largest ad network in the world by W3Techs.
In January 2016, ExoClick broke through the barrier of 5 billion daily ad impressions. The company also received two business accolades: it ranks at no. 812 in the 2016 Inc. 5000 Europe list of the fastest-growing private companies in Europe and ExoClick won the Ruban d’Honneur award for ‘The Business of the Year with a Turnover of €26-150m’ at the 2015/16 European Business Awards.
In April 2017 ExoClick was ranked at 523 in the Financial Times 1000 Fastest Growing European Companies 2017.
The company offers a range of advertising formats for both web and mobile including display banners, in-video ads, popunders, customizable text ads, direct links, interstitials, instant messages and mobile redirects.
Advertisers have access to a global network of publisher channels from the entertainment, lifestyle, motoring, dating, games, online communities & tech/biz segments. Further targeting features include language, geo-location, browser, OS, device and mobile carrier and three types of retargeting are available.
ExoClick makes and accepts payments via PayPal, Payoneer, wire transfer and its partnership with Paxum allows payments to be made in the local currency of advertisers and publishers.
The company offers 24/7 customer service and a quality assurance unit checks for fraudulent activity of advertiser campaigns and guideline violations.
In 2015 ExoClick opened up its platform to developers, clients and partners with the launch of its API allowing third parties to develop their own software applications to automate campaign processes on the ExoClick platform.
In 2016 ExoClick introduced three new traffic algorithms for automated optimised traffic distribution to advertiser landing pages and two new video ad formats : pre-roll in-stream video and video banners.
Technology and Data
- Made the 2016 Inc. 5000 Europe list of the fastest-growing private companies in Europe.
- Won Ruban d’Honneur award for ‘The Business of the Year with a Turnover of €26-150m’ in the 2015/16 European Business Awards.
- Ranks at no. 812 in the 2016 Inc. 5000 Europe List.
- Advertising network
- List of advertising networks
- Ad serving
- Online advertising
- Mobile advertising
- Web banner
- Contextual advertising
- "ExoClick Alexa rank". Alexa. Retrieved 2011-11-29.
- "2nd fastest growing advertising technology". BuiltWith. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- "5th largest ad network in the world". W3techs. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "Google Diagnostics".
- "4th largest ad network in the world". W3techs. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
- "EXADS technology". EXADS. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- "8th in Deloitte's Tech Fast 500". Deloitte. Retrieved 2012-12-05.
- "54th in Deloitte's Tech Fast 500" (PDF). Deloitte. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "5th biggest ad network in the world". W3Techs. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "50th in Deloitte's Tech Fast 500" (PDF). Deloitte. Retrieved 2014-12-18.
- "Best Workplaces in Spain (PYMES)". greatplacetowork.es. Retrieved 2014-12-18.
- "4th biggest ad network in the world". W3Techs. Retrieved 2015-02-16.