|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: EXO|
|Headquarters||Edinburgh, Scotland, UK|
|Fred Kindle (Chairman)
Ian El-Mokadem (CEO)
|Revenue||£274.9 million (2014)|
|£2.7 million (2014)|
|£(28.7) million (2014)|
Exova Group plc is a leading provider of laboratory-based testing and related advisory services, operating primarily within the Testing segment of the Testing Inspection and Certification (“TIC”) sector. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Exova can trace its operational history back over 90 years. The company was acquired and the Exova brand established in 2008, following a carve-out transaction from Bodycote plc, by funds managed by the private equity company Clayton Dubilier & Rice for £417m in 2008. Exova was subsequently listed on the main London Stock Exchange on 16 April 2014 and entered the FTSE 250 in June 2014. In July 2014 the company acquired Metallurgical Services Private, an Indian testing services firm. In May 2015 Exova also acquired BM TRADA, the international provider of certification schemes and building products testing services.
Headquartered in Edinburgh, UK, Exova employs 4,500 experts across 121 laboratories in 32 countries worldwide. The Group provides technically demanding testing for a range of materials, components, products and systems to ensure compliance with safety, performance and quality standards. The company specialises in testing across a number of sectors from health sciences to aerospace, transportation, oil and gas, fire and construction.
Exova provides technically demanding testing and related advisory services across capabilities including calibration, chemistry and microbiology, corrosion and protection, fire, metal technology, polymers and composites, and structures and systems. Exova operates in different sectors under a number of brands, including:
- Exova Warringtonfire
- Exova Metech
- Warrington Certification
- Exova Catalyst
- Exova RPC
- Exova Metallurgical Services
- Exova BM Trada
- "Preliminary Results for year ended 31 December 2014" (PDF). Exova. Retrieved 3 August 2015.
- "Bodycote lifted by sale of testing business". The Telegraph. 29 August 2008. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "Exova edges above IPO pricing". Scotsman. 12 April 2014. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "Exova Buys Indian Testing Services Firm". Barron's. 21 July 2014. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "Exova buys BM Trada in £22 million deal". Herald Scotland. 14 May 2015. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Exova Supports Boeing Apache programme". Azom. 7 October 2014. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "Bodycote goes on £30m buying spree". Manchester Evening News. 15 February 2007. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- "Exova acquires Catalyst Environmental Limited (Exova Group Limited)". WN.com. 16 January 2014. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- "optical strain measurement subsea pipeline testing". Pipeline and Gas Journal. July 2014. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- "UK-based Exova Group acquires Metallurgical Services". 21 July 2014. Retrieved 18 February 2015.