|Stable release||6.1.15 (March 30, 2018[±])|
|Operating system||Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows|
ExpanDrive is a distributed file system client for Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows that facilitates mapping of local volume to many different types of Cloud Storage. When a server is mounted with ExpanDrive any program can read, write, and manage remote files (that is, files that only exist on the server) as if they were stored locally. This is different from most File Transfer Clients because it is integrated into all applications on the operating system. It also does not require a file to be downloaded to access portions of the content. ExpanDrive is commercial software, at a cost of $49.95 per license. A 7-day, unrestricted demo is available for evaluation.
ExpanDrive 2 was released on June 21, 2011 adding support for plain FTP, Amazon S3 and a new ExpanDrive service named Strongspace Online Storage. ExpanDrive2 included a rewritten SFTP engine which lay the groundwork for a unified Mac and Windows code base.
Version 2.4, released in January 2013 was the first version to be released simultaneously for Windows and Mac.
ExpanDrive 3 was released on May 14, 2013 with a new user-interface and support for more drive types such as Dropbox, OpenStack, Rackspace and WebDAV.
Expandrive 5 was released on June 15, 2015 with a near-total rewrite of its core functionality.
Expandrive 6 was released on July 5, 2017, followed by a redesign to version 6.1 on September 25, 2017. The most recent version 6.1.15 was released on March 30, 2018. 
New features include improved performance and file versioning. An increased list of supported storage and cloud storage providers have been introduced since version 5, including Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Team Drives, Amazon Drive, Box, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, Sharepoint, Openstack Swift, BackBlaze B2, Amazon S3 as well as the original SFTP, FTP or WebDAV server and SMB/Windows File Sharing.
- Jeff Mancuso. "ExpanDrivel » High Leverage Development - The ExpanDrive Blog". Blog.expandrive.com. Retrieved 2011-06-21.
- Jeff Mancuso. "ExpanDrive Blog » ExpanDrive v2.4 released - ExpanDrive Blog". Blog.expandrive.com. Retrieved 2014-10-28.
- Tech Republic. "Using ExpanDrive to mount remote file systems". www.techrepublic.com. Retrieved 2014-10-28.
- Mac Apptitude. "How to mount cloud storage in the Mac Finder". www.macapptitude.com. Retrieved 2014-10-28.
- Jeff Mancuso (2011-06-21). "ExpanDrive Blog » ExpanDrive 2 for Windows – FTP and S3, blazing fast SFTP". Blog.expandrive.com. Retrieved 2014-10-28.
- Rui Carmo (2013-05-19). "ExpanDrive 3". The Tao of Mac. Retrieved 2014-10-28.
- Brett Terpstra (2014-06-18). "ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync". Engadget. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
.expandrive .com /introducing-expandrive-5
.expandrive .com /release _notes /expandrive _win