|Stable release||5.3.0 (June 2, 2016[±])|
|Operating system||Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows|
ExpanDrive is a distributed file system client for Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows that facilitates mapping of local volume to many different types of Cloud Storage. When a server is mounted with ExpanDrive any program can read, write, and manage remote files (that is, files that only exist on the server) as if they were stored locally. This is different from most File Transfer Clients because it is integrated into all applications on the operating system. It also does not require a file to be downloaded to access portions of the content. ExpanDrive is commercial software. A 7-day, unrestricted demo is available for evaluation.
Cloud Storage Protocols
- Amazon S3
- Amazon Cloud Drive
- RackSpace Cloud Files
- OpenStack Swift Object Storage
- Google Drive
- Dream Objects
- Microsoft OneDrive & OneDrive for Business
- OVH Hubic
ExpanDrive 2 was released on June 21, 2011 adding support for plain FTP, Amazon S3 and a new ExpanDrive service named Strongspace Online Storage. ExpanDrive2 included a rewritten SFTP engine which lay the groundwork for a unified Mac and Windows code base.
Version 2.4, released in January 2013 was the first version to be released simultaneously for Windows and Mac.
ExpanDrive 3 was released on May 14, 2013 with a new user-interface and support for many more drive types such as Dropbox, OpenStack, Rackspace and WebDAV.
Expandrive 5 was released on June 15, 2015 with a near-total rewrite of its core functionality.
- Comparison of FTP client software
- SSH file transfer protocol (SFTP)
- Secure Shell (SSH)
- Jeff Mancuso. "ExpanDrivel » High Leverage Development - The ExpanDrive Blog". Blog.expandrive.com. Retrieved 2011-06-21.
- Jeff Mancuso. "ExpanDrive Blog » ExpanDrive v2.4 released - ExpanDrive Blog". Blog.expandrive.com. Retrieved 2014-10-28.
- Tech Republic. "Using ExpanDrive to mount remote file systems". www.techrepublic.com. Retrieved 2014-10-28.
- Mac Apptitude. "How to mount cloud storage in the Mac Finder". www.macapptitude.com. Retrieved 2014-10-28.
- "systemBash >> Map a drive letter to a SFTP / SSH Server". 31 January 2007. Retrieved 18 December 2008.
- "Software Review: SftpDrive at JDHarper.com". 27 July 2007. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- Jeff Mancuso (2011-06-21). "ExpanDrive Blog » ExpanDrive 2 for Windows – FTP and S3, blazing fast SFTP". Blog.expandrive.com. Retrieved 2014-10-28.
- Rui Carmo (2013-05-19). "ExpanDrive 3". http://the.taoofmac.com/. Retrieved 2014-10-28. External link in
- Brett Terpstra (2014-06-18). "ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync". www.tuaw.com. Retrieved 2014-10-28.