Type of site
|Internet booking engine|
|Alexa rank||198 (December 2017[update])|
|Launched||July 16, 2001|
In December 2010, listings for AMR Corporation, the parent company of American Airlines and American Eagle Airlines, were deleted from Expedia's site. The decision resulted from a dispute over the degree of access to the site's customers. AMR reversed its decision in April 2011, allowing tickets to once again be sold through the aggregate site.
- "Expedia.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2016-09-06.
- "Why is Expedia Called Expedia? | Rewind & Capture". www.rewindandcapture.com. Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- Microsoft Announces Expedia Online Travel Service Initial Public Offering
- "The Man Who Escaped Microsoft and Took a Whole Company With Him". WIRED. Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- "Expedia.com USA Networks, Inc., Announces Agreement to Purchase Controlling Stake in Expedia, Becoming a Leader in Interactive Travel (press release)". Expedia Viewfinder. 2001-07-16. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- The CNN Wire Staff (January 3, 2011). "Online travel site Expedia removes American Airlines flights". CNN. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- writer, By Aaron Smith, staff. "American Airlines reforms partnership with Expedia – Apr. 5, 2011". money.cnn.com. Retrieved 2017-12-27.
- Expedia Now Accepts Bitcoin For Your Crypto-Vacations
- Expedia+ Card From Citi.
- "Expedia confirms Seattle move, will buy Amgen campus for $229M, relocate from Bellevue by 2018". GeekWire. 2015-02-05. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- "Expedia clears major planning milestone in preparation for 2019 HQ move to Seattle". GeekWire. 2017-06-14. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- "Expedia Inc. 10-K". SEC. December 27, 2017.
- Alexander, Todd (2012). Everyday Internet at Any Age. Hachette UK. Chapter 8. ISBN 0-7336-2971-7. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Barr, Alistair (January 21, 2014). "Expedia hit by big drop in Google search traffic". USA Today. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Tims, Anna (March 29, 2014). "Expedia needs to speed up £2,500 refund for flights". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 14 May 2014.