Type of site
|Launched||July 16, 2001|
Expedia.com is an online travel agency and metasearch engine owned by Expedia Group, an American online travel shopping company based in Seattle.[verification needed] The website and mobile app can be used to book airline tickets, hotel reservations, car rentals, cruise ships, and vacation packages.
In December 2010, listings for AMR Corporation, the parent company of American Airlines and American Eagle Airlines, were deleted from Expedia's site. The decision resulted from a dispute over the degree of access to the site's customers. AMR reversed its decision in April 2011, allowing tickets to once again be sold through the aggregate site.
- "Why is Expedia Called Expedia? | Rewind & Capture". www.rewindandcapture.com. Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- Microsoft Announces Expedia Online Travel Service Initial Public Offering
- "The Man Who Escaped Microsoft and Took a Whole Company With Him". WIRED. Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- "Expedia.com USA Networks, Inc., Announces Agreement to Purchase Controlling Stake in Expedia, Becoming a Leader in Interactive Travel (press release)". Expedia Viewfinder. 2001-07-16. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- The CNN Wire Staff (January 3, 2011). "Online travel site Expedia removes American Airlines flights". CNN. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- writer, By Aaron Smith, staff. "American Airlines reforms partnership with Expedia – Apr. 5, 2011". money.cnn.com. Retrieved 2017-12-27.
- Expedia Now Accepts Bitcoin For Your Crypto-Vacations
- Expedia+ Card From Citi.
- "Expedia confirms Seattle move, will buy Amgen campus for $229M, relocate from Bellevue by 2018". GeekWire. 2015-02-05. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- "Expedia clears major planning milestone in preparation for 2019 HQ move to Seattle". GeekWire. 2017-06-14. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- Alexander, Todd (2012). Everyday Internet at Any Age. Hachette UK. Chapter 8. ISBN 0-7336-2971-7. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Barr, Alistair (January 21, 2014). "Expedia hit by big drop in Google search traffic". USA Today. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Tims, Anna (March 29, 2014). "Expedia needs to speed up £2,500 refund for flights". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 14 May 2014.