From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up expedition in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Expedition may refer to exploration, a journey or voyage undertaken by a group of people especially for discovery and scientific research.
Expedition may also refer to:
- Expedition Island a park in Green River, Wyoming that marks where Major John Wesley Powell started an expedition down the Green River
- Expedition Range, a mountain range within the Central Highlands sandstone region of Queensland, Australia
Art, entertainment, and media
- Expedition (book), a science-fiction novel by Wayne Douglas Barlowe
- Expeditions (poetry collection), a collection of poetry by Margaret Atwood
Athletic activities and sports
- Adventure racing, a combination of two or more endurance disciplines, long adventure races are called expedition races
- Bicycle touring, a long-distance type of bicycling that includes expedition bicycling, which are typically long journeys over tough terrain
- Expedition Trophy, the world's longest winter motor rally, it runs 12,500 km from Murmansk to Vladivostok, Russia
Brands and enterprises
- Expedition Airways, a defunct airline based in Zimbabwe
- Ford Expedition, a full-size sport utility vehicle made by Ford Motor Company
- Pokémon Trading Card Game set, Expedition
- Expeditionary warfare, a deployment of a state's military to fight abroad, especially away from established bases
- Touring bicycle, a long-distance type of bicycle that includes expedition bicycles, which are made for long journeys over rough terrain
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Expedition.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.