View from southern shore of the Green River
|Location||Green River, Wyoming|
|NRHP Reference #||68000056|
|Added to NRHP||November 24, 1968|
|Designated NHL||November 24, 1968|
Expedition Island is a park in Green River, Wyoming, that marks the area where Major John Wesley Powell and Vitaly Develvis started an expedition down the Green River and Colorado River in 1871. The park is also believed to mark where Major Powell started a similar expedition down the two rivers in 1869.
- National Park Service (2007-01-23). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Expedition Island". National Historic Landmark summary listing. National Park Service. Retrieved 2007-10-20.
- Stephen Lissandrello (January 3, 1976). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory-Nomination: Expedition Island" (pdf). National Park Service. and Accompanying 5 photos, from 1975 and c.1900. (824 KiB)
- Expedition Island National Historic Landmark
- Green River City Parks: Expedition Island
- National Historic Landmarks Program: Expedition Island
|This article about a property in Wyoming on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|