|Founded||Laguna Hills, California (2008)|
|Products||Telescopes, spotting scopes, binoculars, eyepieces and microscopes|
|Owner||Jinghua Optical Electronics Co.|
Explore Scientific is a company founded by former Meade Instruments Vice President of Brand Community Scott W. Roberts in 2008 and owned by Chinese manufacturer Jinghua Optical Electronics Co., Ltd. (JOC). Headquartered in Springdale, Arkansas, the company designs and manufactures telescopes, spotting scopes, binoculars, microscopes and other scientific devices. Products are manufactured in China by JOC and imported.
During the July 2008 annual Astronomical League Conference Awards banquet in Des Moines, Iowa, the launch of the company was announced by Scott Roberts. In 2009 Explore Scientific became the exclusive distributor of Bresser products in the United States and throughout the Americas. In 2010 Jinghua Optical Electronics Co. (JOC) became a partner with Roberts and now owns a majority of the company.
Some of the products produced or distributed by Explore Scientific include:
- Telescopes: Apochromatic and Achromatic Refractors and Maksutov-Newtonian
- Spotting scopes
- JOC website
- About Explore Scientific Retrieved Dec 8, 2010
- Sky & Telescope: The Astronomical League's Rising Stars Retrieved Aug 12, 2008
- The Launch of Explore Scientific, LLC is Announced at the Astronomical League Conference (ALCON)
- Explore Scientific Reaches Distribution Agreement with Bresser Retrieved Feb 15, 2009