Export Promotion Bureau (Bangladesh)
|Website||Export Promotion Bureau|
It traces its origin to the Export Promotion organization formed when Bangladesh was still East Pakistan in 1962. Initial proclamations were made on August 20 and November 8, 1975. The Export Promotion Bureau Ordinance was enacted in 1977 and consequently EPB was established.
EPB headquarters are in Dhaka, with regional offices in Chittagong, Khulna and Rajshahi. In addition, there are branch offices in Sylhet, Comilla and Narayangonj. The EPB consists of multiple divisions:
- Policy and Planning Division
- Commodities Development Division
- Information Division
- Fairs and Display Division
- Administration and Finance Division
- Textile Division
- Statistics and Research Division
- Information and Communications Technology Division
- "Plastic export tumbles". The Daily Star. 12 August 2018. Retrieved 3 August 2019.
- "Exports to China drop 27pc". The Daily Star. 17 August 2018. Retrieved 3 August 2019.
- "Export Promotion Bureau of Bangladesh". epb.portal.gov.bd. Retrieved 3 August 2019.
- "An Ordinance to provide for the establishment of a Bureau for promotion of export". Ministry of Law, Bangladesh. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- Official website
- "Exports see 36% growth in September". Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- "Unrest, holidays send October export growth to 14-month low". New Age. Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- "Export defies odds". Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
|This article about government and politics in Bangladesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|