Exposition Internationale d'Anvers (1894)
|Area||65.5 acres (265,000 m2)|
|Organized by||Count Hippolyte d'Ursel was Commissioner General and Count de Pret Roose de Calesburg was President of the Executive Committee|
|Opening||5 May 1894|
|Closure||5 November 1894|
Exposition Internationale d'Anvers was a World's Fair held in Antwerp, Belgium between 5 May and 5 November in 1894. It covered 65.5 acres (265,000 m2), attracted 3 million visits and made a profit. It took place at the same location as the Exposition Universelle d'Anvers, held in 1885.
There were several participating nations:
Congo, Denmark, Spain, United States, United Kingdom, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, Persia, Portugal, Kingdom of Romania, Russia, the South African Republic (for which Gerard Jacob Theodoor Beelaerts van Blokland was Commissaire Général), Switzerland and the Ottoman Empire.
There was also a joint presence from Sweden and Norway.
- Exposition Universelle d'Anvers held in Antwerp in 1885
- Findling, John E; Pelle, Kimberley D (eds.). Encyclopedia of World's Fairs and Expositions. McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 414. ISBN 978-0-7864-3416-9.
- "Antwerp World's Fair 1894". jdpecon.com. JDP Econ Publications and Studies. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- Exposition Universelle d’Anvers 1894: Catalogue Officielle Generale. Brussels: Adolphe Mertens. 1894. pp. 767.
- Catalogue officiel général; préliminaires, section Belge, sections spéciales (Volume 2). Vol. 2 (1 ed.).
- Findling, John E; Pelle, Kimberley D (eds.). Encyclopedia of World's Fairs and Expositions. McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 419. ISBN 978-0-7864-3416-9.
- Cross, Rhonda Kay (May 2009). "WALTER MACEWEN: A FORGOTTEN EPISODE IN AMERICAN ART" (PDF). p. v. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- 1894 Antwerp - 14 links