Extended Window Manager Hints
Extended Window Manager Hints, a.k.a. NetWM or Net WM, is an X Window System standard for window managers. It defines various interactions between window managers, utilities, and applications, all part of an entire desktop environment. It builds on the functionality of the Inter-Client Communication Conventions Manual (ICCCM).
List of window managers that support Extended Window Manager Hints
Tiling and dynamic window managers
- xmonad (needs to be turned on in the config)
Stacking window managers
- CTWM (as of 4.0.0)
- FVWM (via a plugin prior to v2.4 and native support from v2.5)
Other window managers
- Enlightenment (E16 and E17)
- fwm (via a plugin)
- Sawfish (not completely)
Notes and references
- "Net WM - Blackbox". Archived from the original on 2007-10-01. Retrieved 2007-09-29.
- "ctwm 4.0.0 changes".
- "Fluxbox EWMH Support". Retrieved 2009-09-09.
- "Extended Window Manager Hints Support For FVWM".
- "FVWM - Features".
- "joewing.net | JWM EWMH Support". Archived from the original on 2014-09-24. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- xfwm4 README, accessed f128147411a235b1651520b7620f03b35c86c5a5 on 2014-04-17