|• Mayor||Monika Rehmert (SPD)|
|• Total||92.49 km2 (35.71 sq mi)|
|Elevation||240 m (790 ft)|
|• Density||120/km2 (310/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Extertal is located on the northern edge of the circle in the Teutoburg Nature Reserve, directly adjacent to Lower Saxony. The Exter and Humme rivers flow through the region. The municipality has its headquarters in the Bösingfeld district. Neighbouring cities are Rinteln, Aerzen, Barntrup, Dörentrup and Kalletal.
The highest point of the city is at 371 meters above sea level. The municipality dimensions are about 12.2 kilometers east-west and about 12.5 kilometers north-south.
The mayor is Monika Rehmert (SPD). She was elected in September 2015.
Churches and religious communities
- Evangelical Reformed Church (Church of Lippe) in Bösingfeld, Mittelstrasse 33
- Evangelical Reformed Church (Church of Lippe) in Almena, Kirchstrasse 1, 32699 Extertal-Almena
- Evangelical Reformed Church (Church of Lippe) in Silixen, Dietrich-Bonhoeffer-Strasse 5
- Catholic Church: Adolf-Kolping-Weg 1
- Free Evangelical Community: Mühlenstrasse 4
- Jehovah's Witnesses: Papenweg 2
- New Apostolic Church: Bahnhofstrasse
- "Bevölkerung der Gemeinden Nordrhein-Westfalens am 31. Dezember 2018" (in German). Landesbetrieb Information und Technik NRW. Retrieved 10 July 2019.
- Official website (in German)
|This Lippe district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|