|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Extragear was the grouping name of software developed by the KDE project whose development and release schedule each is independent of other KDE software. Initiated for software duplicating functionality or being very specialized (like KSMSSend), with more and more powerful software like KDevelop or digiKam included in that group in later years the term seemed less and less fitting. Due to lack of common activity of the developers of software covered by that name, the corresponding website and mailinglist were dissolved in 2016.
- Bluedevil - Bluetooth framework
- KAppfinder - Menu Updating Tool
- KCM Wacom Tablet - a GUI for the Wacom Linux Drivers
- kwebkitpart - A WebKit browser component for KPart
- Network Management - widget of network connections
- Polkit KDE Agent
- Polkit KDE Configuration
- digiKam - an advanced digital photo management application
- KColorEdit - a Palette Editor.
- KFax - Fax Viewer
- KGrab - Screen Grabbing Program
- KGraphViewer - A Graphviz dot graph viewer
- KIconEdit - Icon Editor
- KIPI - an API that allows creation of application-independent image processing plugins.
- KPhotoAlbum - KDE Photo Album.
- KPovModeler - a modeling and composition program for creating POV-Ray scenes.
- Kuickshow - an image viewer.
- Skanlite - Image Scanning Application
- Amarok - an audio player
- K3b - a CD and DVD burning application
- Kaffeine - a full-featured multimedia and DVB player
- KAudioCreator - CD ripping and encoding
- KMid - a MIDI/Karaoke player.
- KMPlayer - a multimedia player.
- ChoqoK - Microblogging application
- KFTPGrabber - a FTP client.
- KMLDonkey - a frontend for MLDonkey (a powerful P2P file sharing tool)
- KNemo - Network Monitor
- Konversation - an Internet Relay Chat client
- KTorrent - a BitTorrent client
- Kwlan - Wireless Lan Manager
- Rekonq - Lean web browser based on Webkit
- Kile - a LaTeX editor
- KMyMoney - Personal finance manager
- Skrooge - Personal finances manager
- Tellico - collection organizer
- KDevelop - Integrated development environment for multiple languages.
- KXSLDbg - XSLT Debugger
- Massif Visualizer - Visualizer for Valgrind Massif data files
- Quanta Plus - web integrated development environment
- KDE Partition Manager - a disk partitioning application.
- KIOSK Admin Tool
- Muon - A package management tools for Debian-based systems
- katimon - an unofficial ATI graphics card temperature monitor
- KDiff3 - Diff/Patch Frontend
- KEuroCalc - A currency converter and calculator
- KRecipes - Cooking Book
- Krusader - A twin panel file manager
- Nepomuk Shell
- RSIBreak - Makes sure you rest now and then
- Yakuake - a quake-style drop-down console emulator.
- "[Kde-extra-gear] extragear.kde.org shut down with redirects, next step: closing this mailinglist on June 11th 2016". 2016-06-04. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- Knights - git.kde.org
- KPlayer - git.kde.org
- "Skrooge". Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "Skrooge". KDE Extragear website. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- Massif Visualizer - git.kde.org
- Muon - git.kde.org