Extreme (1995 TV series)
|Theme music composer||Phil Ramone|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (6 unaired)|
|Executive producer(s)||Alan Barnette|
|Original release||January 29– April 6, 1995|
Extreme is an American television adventure drama that premiered on ABC on January 29, 1995 following Super Bowl XXIX. Starring James Brolin, Extreme was centered on a search and rescue team which operated in the Rocky Mountains.
Although thirteen episodes were ordered and the network having enough faith in the series to give it the coveted post-Super Bowl timeslot, Extreme could not find an audience and ABC cancelled the series after seven episodes aired. The final episode aired on April 6, 1995 and the remaining six episodes were never aired in the United States.
The failure of Extreme forced a reconsideration of post-Super Bowl programming strategy by the major networks. NBC chose to commission a special episode of Friends to air immediately following Super Bowl XXX the next year and the experiment was such a success that the other networks have for the most part chosen to air one of their established series after covering the Super Bowl, with particular attention paid to season premieres of popular reality competitions like Survivor and The Voice. There have only been four exceptions; Fox debuted Family Guy in 1999, American Dad! in 2005, and 24: Legacy in 2016 while CBS launched Undercover Boss in 2010.
A search and rescue team operates a Bell 204 "Super Huey" helicopter in the Rocky Mountains of Utah. The show features the trials and tribulations of the rescue team and the daring rescues undertaken in "Steep Mountain."
- Reese Wheeler (James Brolin), a former downhill racer, is the seasoned leader of the Steep Mountain Rescue Unit. Wheeler is both manager of and father-figure to the group.
- Farley Potts (Tom Wright), a soft-spoken Vietnam vet and helicopter pilot.
- Andie McDermott (Julie Bowen) part of the rescue team and love interest of Kyle Hansen.
- Sarah Bowen (Brooke Langton)
- Kyle Hansen (Cameron Bancroft), newest member of the team is grappling with the tragic death of his fiancee.
- Callie Manners (Elizabeth Gracen)
- Lance Monroe (Justin Lazard), a suave self-promoter who will stop at nothing to get what he wants
|This article relating to a drama television series in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|