Extresol Solar Power Station
The power station consists of three different systems, Extresol 1, Extresol 2 and Extresol 3, of 50 MW each, due to the power limitation of 50 MW per plant established by the Spanish legislation. Extresol uses parabolic trough and has a thermal energy storage system, which absorbs part of the heat produced in the solar field during the day and stores it in molten salts. Extresol 1 cost around €300 million and was inaugurated on 25 February 2009. The name of the power station, Extresol, is based on the name of the autonomous community, Extremadura, and the Spanish word for "Sun".
- List of solar thermal power stations
- List of energy storage projects
- Renewable energy in the European Union
- Sener Aeronáutica
- Solar power in Spain
- Solar thermal energy
- Wind power in Spain
- "Extresol". Estela Solar. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- "Inaugurada Extresol-I, la primera termoeléctrica de ACS en Extremadura" (in Spanish). Energías-Renovables.com. Retrieved 2010-02-25.