Eyal Weizman MBE FBA (born 1970) is a British Israeli architect. He is the director of the research agency Forensic Architecture at Goldsmiths, University of London where he is Professor of Spatial and Visual Cultures and a founding director there of the Centre for Research Architecture at the department of Visual Cultures. In 2019 he was elected fellow of the British Academy.
In 2007 he was a founding member of the architectural collective Decolonizing Architecture (DAAR) in Beit Sahour in the West Bank, Palestinian territories. Weizman has been a professor of architecture at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna and has also taught at The Bartlett (UCL) in London at the Stadelschule in Frankfurt. He lectured, curated and organised conferences in many institutions worldwide. Weizman's most known theoretical work describes the acts of the Israeli army as founded upon the post-structuralist French philosophers and a reading of them. He also conducted research on behalf of B’tselem on the "planning aspects of the Israeli occupation of the West Bank". He has also published many articles on Israeli geography and architecture. In 2013 he designed a permanent folly in Gwangju, South Korea which was documented in the book The Roundabout Revolution (Sternberg, 2015). In 2010 he established the agency Forensic Architecture, which provide advanced architectural and media evidence to civil society groups, with the help of several European Research Council grants, as well as other human rights grants. Forensic Architecture undertook research for Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, Doctors without Borders (MSF), the Red Cross (ICRC), and the United Nations.
In 2017, he was a guest speaker at the 17th edition of the Sonic Acts Festival: The Noise of Being (Amsterdam). Since 2019 he is a guest professor at ETH Zurich. Between 2014 and 2017 he was a Global Scholar at Princeton University.
In February 2020, Weizman was informed by email that his right to travel to the United States under a visa waiver program had been revoked. He was later informed by an official of the US Embassy in London that an algorithm had identified a security threat that was related to him.
Weizman is on the editorial board of Third Text, Humanity, Cabinet and Political Concepts and is a board member of the Centre for Investigative Journalism (CIJ) and of the Technology Advisory Board of the International Criminal Court in the Hague, and sat the boards of the Israeli human rights organization B’Tselem in Jerusalem.
He is currently on the advisory boards of the Human Rights Project at Bard College in New York, as a jury member for architecture in the Akademie Schloss Solitude and of other academic and cultural institutions. In 2014 Weizman was featured in "The Architecture of Violence", a film produced for the series Rebel Architecture broadcast by Al Jazeera English.
Awards and recognition
Weizman was appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2020 New Year Honours for services to architecture.*2006 James Stirling Memorial Lecture Prize from the LSE/London and CCA/Montreal 
- 2011 Prince Claus Architecture Prize (co-recipient with DAAR)
- 2016 Schelling Award for Architectural Theory (refused due to Schelling Nazi history)
- 2016 The Digital Dozen 2016 Award for Breakthroughs in Storytelling from Columbia University
- 2017 Finalist, Beazley Design of the Year Award (for Forensic Architecture)
- 2017 Vera List Center Prize for Art and Politics (for Forensic Architecture, finalist)
- 2017 Prix Ars Electronica (for Forensic Architecture)
- 2017 The PeaBody-Facebook, Future of Media Award (For Forensic Architecture)
- 2017 European Cultural Foundation Princess Margriet Award for Culture (for Forensic Architecture)
- 2018 nominated for the Turner Prize with Forensic Architecture
- 2019 elected fellow of the British Academy
- 1998 (with Christian Nicolas) Random Walk, London: Architectural Association
- 2000 Yellow Rhythms, Rotterdam: 010 Publishers
- 2003 (with Rafi Segal) Civilian Occupation: The Politics of Israeli Architecture, Verso
- 2003 (with Anselm Franke) Territories, Builders and Warrior, Rotterdam: Witte de With Press
- 2003 (with Anselm Franke) Territories, Camps, Islands and other States of Utopia, Berlin and Cologne: Kunst Werke and Walter Koenig Press
- 2004 (with Anselm Franke) Territories, The Frontiers of Utopia and other Facts on the Ground, Cologne: Walther Koenig Press
- 2007 Hollow Land: Israel's Architecture of Occupation, Verso
- 2011 The Least of All Possible Evils: Humanitarian Violence from Arendt to Gaza, Verso
- 2012 (with Thomas Keenan) Mengele's Skull: The Advent of Forensic Aesthetics, Sternberg Press/Portikus
- 2012 Forensic Architecture: Notes from Fields and Forums (dOCUMENTA 13 notebook n.062), Hatje Cantz
- 2013 (with Ines Weizman) Before and After, Moscow: Strelka Press
- 2014 (with Alessandro Petti and Sandi Hilal) Architecture After Revolution, Berlin: Sternberg Press
- 2014 (with Forensic Architecture) FORENSIS, Berlin: Sternberg Press
- 2015 The Roundabout Revolution, Berlin: Sternberg Press
- 2015 (with photography by Fazal Sheikh) The Conflict Shoreline: Colonization as Climate Change in the Negev Desert, Göttingen: Steidl
- 2017 Hollow Land: The Architecture of Israel’s Occupation, Third and updated edition (with an additional chapter) London and NYC: Verso Books
- 2017 Forensic Architecture: Towards an Investigative Aesthetics (in Spanish), Barcelona and Mexico City: MACBA/MUAC (NYT/Spanish top ten non-fiction books of 2017)
- 2017 Forensic Architecture: Violence at the Threshold of Detectability, NYC: MIT/Zone Books
- 2017 in Arabic, Cairo and Ramallah: Madarat for Research and Publishing
- 2017 in Turkish, Istanbul: Kitap
- 2017 in Hebrew, Tel Aviv: Babel Books
- 2012 in Spanish (chr. 7): A través de los muros, Madrid: Errate naturae editors
- 2011 in Greek (chr. 7), Athens: ΤΟΠOBOPOΣ
- 2009 in German (chr. 7): Durch Wände gehen, Leipzig: Konserve-Verlag
- 2009 in German: Sperrzonen: Israels architektur der besatzung, Hamburg: Edition Nautilus
- 2009 in Italian: Architettura dell'occupazione: spazio politico e controllo territoriale in Palestina e Israele, Milan: Bruno Mondadori
- 2007 in French (chr. 7): A travers les murs, Paris: La Fabrique
The Conflict's Shoreline
- 2016 in Hebrew, Kav Hamidbar, Sav Hasihsuh, Tel Aviv: Babel Books
The Least of all Possible Evils
- 2013 in Italian, Il minore dei mali possibili, Rome: Nottetempo
- 2013 in Croatian, Najmanje od svih mogućih zala, Zagreb: Multimedijalni institute
- 2009 in Italian, Il Male Minore, Rome: Nottetempo (a short version, Italian)
- 2015 in Spanish el cráneo de Mengele, Madrid and Buenos Aires: Sans Soleil Ediciones
- 2014 in Turkish, Mengele'nin Kafatası Adli Estetiğin Ortaya Çıkışı, Istanbul, Açılım Kitap
- 2013 in Hebrew, Hagulgolet Shel Mengele: Lidata shel Haestetika Haforensit, Tel Aviv: Resling Books
- 2013 in Croatian, Mengeleova lubanja: Zaceci forenzicke estetike, Zagreb: Monoskop
Forensic Architecture exhibited internationally including at the documenta 14 in Kassel. In 2017 Forensic Architecture had two major museum exhibitions at the Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art (MACBA) and at the Museo Universitario Arte Contemporáneo (MUAC). In 2018 Forensic Architecture held a solo show at the Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) in London. Forensic Architecture's work is included in the permanent collection of the Victoria and Albert Museum.
- "Welcome to roundtable - roundtable". roundtable.kein.org.
- "Weizman, Eyal, Goldsmiths, University of London". Goldsmiths, University of London.
- Weizman, Jeffrey Kastner, Sina Najafi, and Eyal. "The Wall and the Eye: An Interview with Eyal Weizman | Jeffrey Kastner, Sina Najafi, and Eyal Weizman". cabinetmagazine.org.
- Segal, Rafi; Weizman, Eyal; Tartakover, David (February 20, 2003). A civilian occupation: the politics of Israeli architecture. Babel ; VERSO. OCLC 52334881.
- Karpf, Anne (February 20, 2008). A time to speak out: independent Jewish voices on Israel, Zionism and Jewish identity. Verso. OCLC 181140135.
- Ophir, Adi; Givoni, Michal; Ḥanafī, Sārī (February 20, 2009). The power of inclusive exclusion: anatomy of Israeli rule in the occupied Palestinian territories. Zone Books ; Distributed by the MIT Press. OCLC 317288328.
- "Prada hires Raf Simons as co-creative director". The Economist. ISSN 0013-0613. Retrieved 2020-02-28.
- Riou, Danielle (February 22, 2005). "Eyal Weizman".
- Bramley, Ellie Violet (1 September 2014). "What can 'forensic architecture' reveal about the conflict in Gaza?". theguardian.com. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "No. 62866". The London Gazette (Supplement). 28 December 2019. p. N23.
- "James Stirling Memorial Lecture - Announcements - e-flux". www.e-flux.com.
- "Prince Claus Fund - Network". www.princeclausfund.org. Retrieved 2015-11-29.
- ""Wir arbeiten im Namen der Opfer" - derStandard.at". DER STANDARD.
- "Saydnaya Wins Digital Dozen 2016 Award for Breakthroughs in Storytelling - Forensic Architecture". 12 April 2017.
- Q42, Fabrique &. "Saydnaya: Inside a Syrian Torture Prison". Design Museum.
- "The Vera List Center for Arts and Politics - 2016-2018 Prize Winner Maria Thereza Alves and iSeeds of Changei". www.veralistcenter.org.
- "PRIX ARS". prix2017.aec.at.
- "Forensic Architecture accepts Peabody-Facebook Award at ceremony in New York City - Forensic Architecture". 30 May 2017.
- Wilton, Pete. "European culture award for Forensic Architecture".
- Carrión, Jorge. "Diez libros de no ficción que han marcado 2017".
- "Il minore dei mali possibili - Eyal Weizman - nottetempo". www.edizioninottetempo.it.
- "Eyal Weizman: Najmanje od svih mogućih zala : Humanitarno nasilje od Arendtove do Gaze". mvinfo.hr.
- "Il male minore - Eyal Weizman - nottetempo". www.edizioninottetempo.it.
- "La Calavera de Menguele". 5 September 2015.
- "Mengele'nin Kafatası Adli estetiğin ortaya çıkışı - Thomas Keenan - Eyal Weizman - Açılım Kitap - 1:1 Atlas Dizisi - 1:1 Atlas Dizisi". www.acilimkitap.com.
- "Exhibitions - Forensic Architecture".
- "The Most Important Piece at documenta 14 in Kassel Is Not Art. It's Evidence". artnet News. June 8, 2017.
- "Forensic Architecture: Towards an Investigative Aesthetics - Forensic Architecture".
- "Forensic Architecture: Hacia Una Estética Investigativa - Forensic Architecture".
- "Home". www.ica.art.