Eye of GNOME
|Developer(s)||The GNOME Project|
|Stable release||40.0<ref>Clasen, Matthias (24 March 2021). "GNOME 40 released". GNOME Mail Services (Mailing list). Retrieved 29 March 2021. (24 March 2021 )|
|Preview release||40.beta (24 February 2021 )|
|Written in||C (GTK)|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Eye of GNOME is the official and default image viewer for the GNOME desktop environment, where it is also known as Image Viewer. There is also another official image viewer for GNOME called gThumb that has more advanced features like image organizing and image editing functions.
Eye of GNOME provides basic effects for improved viewing, such as zooming, full-screen, rotation, and transparent image background control. It also has many official plug-ins to extend its features or change its behavior.
Eye of GNOME supports the following file formats:
- ANI – Animation
- BMP – Windows Bitmap
- GIF – Graphics Interchange Format
- ICO – Windows Icon
- JPEG – Joint Photographic Experts Group
- PCX – PC Paintbrush
- PNG – Portable Network Graphics
- PNM – Portable Anymap from the PPM Toolkit
- RAS – Sun Raster
- SVG – Scalable Vector Graphics
- TGA – Truevision Targa
- TIFF – Tagged Image File Format
- WBMP – Wireless Application Protocol Bitmap Format
- XBM – X BitMap
- XPM – X PixMap
Eye of GNOME also supports viewing Exif/XMP metadata associated with an image.
- Comparison of image viewers
- gThumb – another image viewer for GNOME with organizing and image editing functions
- Kitouni, Abderrahim (24 February 2021). "GNOME 40.beta released!". GNOME Mail Services (Mailing list). Retrieved 12 March 2021.
- "Debian -- Details of package eog-plugins in bullseye". Retrieved 2 May 2020.
- "[gthumb-list] gThumb 3.1.1 released". Retrieved 2 May 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eye of GNOME.|