Eye of the Hurricane (The Alarm album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Eye of the Hurricane|
|Studio album by The Alarm|
|Genre||Rock, new wave|
|Length||40:56 (original release)|
|The Alarm chronology|
Eye of the Hurricane is the third studio album from The Alarm. It was released in 1987 on IRS Records. The album was initially released on vinyl LP and cassette, reaching number 23 in the UK charts and number 77 in the US charts. A CD version was released later, and in 2000 an extended re-mastered version was released, including extra tracks.
All songs written by Eddie Macdonald & Mike Peters, except where noted.
- "Rain in the Summertime" (The Alarm) - 5:12
- "Newtown Jericho" - 4:05
- "Hallowed Ground" - 4:17
- "One Step Closer to Home" (Dave Sharp, Nigel Twist) - 4:31
- "Shelter" (The Alarm) - 3:08
- "Rescue Me" - 3:19
- "Permanence in Change" - 4:01
- "Presence of Love" - 4:01
- "Only Love Can Set Me Free" - 4:22
- "Eye of the Hurricane" - 3:38
- Mike Peters - Lead vocals, acoustic and electric guitars, harmonica
- David Sharp - Lead guitar, acoustic guitar, vocals on "One Step Closer to Home"
- Eddie Macdonald - Bass, bass synthesizer, keyboards, programming, backing vocals
- Nigel Twist - Drums, Linn Drum programming, backing vocals
- Chris Stainton: Piano and Hammond organ (tracks A4, B4, and B5)
- Mark Taylor: Piano and DX7 Synthesizer (all other tracks, except A5)
- John Porter: Programming
- "Rain in the Summertime" was released before the album, reaching number 18 in the UK singles chart.
- The album surfaced prior to the release of the second single, "Rescue Me," which reached number 48 and saw the band on The Roxy. "Rescue Me" also gained some exposure in the US, thanks to its appearance on the original soundtrack from the then-brand new TV series 21 Jump Street.
- "Presence of Love" was the third and final single, peaking just shy of the Top 40.
Recorded & mixed at Great Linford Manor.
Released in 2000, the remastered edition featured a revised track listings, b-sides and previously unreleased recordings, new and original artwork, unseen photos, lyrics, sleeve notes by Mike Peters and interactive programming information to play the album in its original form.
- "Rain in the Summertime"
- "Newtown Jericho"
- "Elders and Folklore"
- "Rose Beyond the Wall"
- "Hallowed Ground"
- "One Step Closer to Home"
- "Rescue Me"
- "Permanence in Change"
- "Presence of Love"
- "World on Fire"
- "A Time to Believe"
- "Only Love Can Set Me Free"
- "My Land Your Land"
- "Pastures of Plenty"
- "Eye of the Hurricane"
- "Rescue Me (Tearing The Bonds Assunder Mix)"
- "Rain in the Summertime (Thunder/Through The Haze Mix)"