Eyes (Babylon 5)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Babylon 5 episode|
|Episode no.||Season 1
|Directed by||Jim Johnston|
|Written by||Lawrence G. DiTillio|
|Original air date||13 July 1994|
"Eyes" is an episode from the first season of the science fiction television series Babylon 5.
An internal affairs investigation of Sinclair forces him to answer for his recent command decisions. Ivanova confronts a member of Psi-Corps, as well as her own fears, when she is told to submit to a scan.
- Terrorist attacks are now happening on Mars.
- Sinclair was chosen over Colonel Ben Zayn by the Minbari for command of the station despite being low on a very long list, stressing the interest the Minbari have in Sinclair.
- Susan Ivanova's dream sequence foreshadows the revelation that she is a latent telepath, specifically the shot of her sitting in the chair where her mother sat a few moments earlier.
- Lennier's chant, "Za ba ga bee," is from the title of a 1987 album Bill Mumy made with Robert Haimer as Barnes & Barnes. Series showrunner J. Michael Straczynski was reportedly not amused when he discovered the truth, and had a "discussion" with Mumy about not improvising on set, since it may necessitate a change in the series' overall story, or plugging outside projects on the show.
- Macaulay Bruton, who played Tragedy in this episode, also plays the recurring character Garibaldi's Aide. It is suggested that there is a relation.