Eyes of a Stranger (song)
|"Eyes of a Stranger"|
|Single by Queensrÿche|
|from the album Operation: Mindcrime|
Gladwyne, Pennsylvania, USA
|Queensrÿche singles chronology|
|Operation: Mindcrime track listing|
"Eyes of a Stranger" is a song by progressive metal band Queensrÿche appearing on their 1988 album Operation: Mindcrime. It is the last song on Operation Mindcrime, summarizing the story in the album. It has also been featured on two of their compilations, Greatest Hits and Sign of the Times: The Best of Queensrÿche.
Known as a fan favorite, the group has played the song often live, doing so over a thousand times as of April 2016, and the track is the band's number one most played song in its setlist history. It was recorded in the key of E minor, with a short interlude in F# minor near the beginning.
|1.||"Eyes of a Stranger" (radio edit)||5:15|
|2.||"Take Hold of the Flame"||4:58|
|3.||"Queen of the Reich"||4:22|
|US Mainstream Rock (Billboard)||35|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||59|
- Geoff Tate-lead vocals, keyboards
- Chris DeGarmo-lead guitar
- Michael Wilton-rhythm guitar
- Eddie Jackson-bass guitar
- Scott Rockenfield-drums
- "Queensrÿche Tour statistics - songs played total". setlist.fm. Retrieved April 25, 2016. External link in
- "Queensrÿche – Chart history" Billboard Mainstream Rock Songs for Queensrÿche. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- "Queensryche: Artist Chart History" Official Charts Company. Retrieved February 5, 2016.