Eymundar þáttr hrings
Eymundar þáttr hrings is a short Norse saga, which is preserved in two versions. One of them appears as Eymundar þáttr hrings in the Flatey Book and the other one is an introductory chapter in Yngvars saga víðförla. They deal with the adventures of Varangians in the service of Yaroslav I the Wise.
The main difference between the two versions is that in Eymundar þáttr hrings, the hero is a Norwegian, whereas Yngvars saga víðförla describes him as a Swede.
- Yngvars saga víðförla in Old Norse
- A translation by Tunstall of Yngvars saga víðförla-1
- A translation by Tunstall of Yngvars saga víðförla-2
- A russian translation by Yelena Aleksandrovna Rydzevskaya
- Larsson, Mats G. (2005). Minnet av vikingatiden : de isländska kungasagorna och deras värld. ISBN 91-7353-065-4
- Pritsak, Omeljan. (1981). The origin of Rus'. Cambridge, Mass.: Distributed by Harvard University Press for the Harvard Ukrainian Research Institute. ISBN 0-674-64465-4
|This Norwegian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|