Eystein Jansen (born 28 February 1953, Bergen) is a Norwegian professor in marine geology / paleoceanography at the University of Bergen and researcher and adviser at the Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research (BCCR). He headed the Bjerknes Centre from its founding in 2000 to 2013.
Jansen got a MSc degree in 1981 and a PhD degree (dr.scient.) in 1984 from the University of Bergen. He was assistant and later associate professor in marine geology at the university 1985–1993 and became a full professor in 1993.
Membership in learned societies
- Academia Europaea
- Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters
- Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences
- Norwegian Scientific Academy for Polar Research
- Elin Stensvand (2014). "Klimadiplomaten". Hubro. University of Bergen. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- Atle Andersson (18 December 2013) Direktørskifte på Bjerknessenteret (Norwegian) Bergens Tidende. Retrieved 19 January 2014
- Furevik is new Director Bjerknes. UIB. Retrieved 19 January 2014
- Eystein Jansen CV Bjerknes. UIB. Retrieved 19 January 2014 Archived February 1, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
|This article about a Norwegian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|