2 December 1948 |
Eyvind Hellstrøm (born 2 December 1948 in Moss, Norway) is a chef and formerly the part owner of Bagatelle restaurant, a two-Michelin-starred restaurant in the city of Oslo. He was the president of the 2008 Bocuse d'Or Europe, is frequently a judge at the Bocuse d'Or world finals, and was himself a competition candidate in 1989, placing fifth.
In December 2009, Hellstrøm announced he would leave Bagatelle after 27 years, due to a long term conflict with majority owner Christen Sveaas. Hellstrøm and the entire Bagatelle staff worked their final shift on 21 December.
An author of several books, including Inn med sølvskje with Anne-Kat. Hærland, Hellstrøm also hosts the Norwegian TV3 television show Hellstrøm rydder opp, broadcast in 2008, 2009 and 2010, a Norwegian version of Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. Though initially criticized for playing the role excessively "nice", the series featured its share of conflicts such as the episode devoted to the Trondheim sea food restaurant Fru Inger. The programme was characterised as a "slaughter" of Fru Inger, and shortly after the broadcast the restaurant was forced to close down.
- Skjervold, Tonje, Dagens Næringsliv (March 16, 2009). Her er årets Michelin-vinnere (Norwegian)
- Lindeberg, Anne, Dagens Næringsliv (January 28, 2009). Bocuse d’Or til Geir Skeie (Norwegian)
- Dagens Næringsliv (5 December 2009). Hellstrøm ferdig på Bagatelle etter krangel (Norwegian)
- Dagens Næringsliv (7 December 2009). Hele staben forlater Bagatelle (Norwegian)
- Moss Dagblad (13 June 2008). Vil du ha eksperthjelp på kjøkkenet? (Norwegian)
- VG.no (16 October 2008). Her koker det over for Hellstrøm (Norwegian)
- Fridén, Tone; Hagen, Audun Hoem, Adresseavisen (17 October 2008). Fiskerestaurant slaktes av mesterkokk Hellstrøm (Norwegian)
- Smedsrud, Morten S., Adresseavisen (17 October 2008). Fru Inger til leie (Norwegian)
- Grønneberg, Anders, Dagbladet (November 25, 2009). - Og jeg som lager katastrofe på kjøkkenet (Norwegian)
- kongehuset.no (14 June 2007). Utnevnelse til St. Olavs orden (Norwegian)