Ezel Akay (born 1961) is a Turkish film actor, film director and film producer.
Life and work
After Ezel Akay graduated as a mechanical engineer from the Bosporus University, he was trained as actor at the US-American Villanova University.
Before Ezel Akay started to work in the Turkish film business and co-founded the Turkish production company IFR, he worked as copywriter, theatre director and –actor. Since the foundation of his film production company IFR, Ezel Akay directed more than 500 commercials.
In 1996 Ezel Akay produced together with the Turkish film director Dervis Zaim for Zaim's debut feature Somersault in a Coffin, which won several national and international prizes. Where's Firuze? was the first feature, which Ezel Akay directed.
- 1996: Somersault in a Coffin Tabutta Rövaşata (producer)
- 1999: Journey to the Sun Güneşe Yolculuk (executive producer)
- 2001: Elephants and Grass (Filler ve Çimen) (actor)
- 2001: The Waterfall (producer, actor)
- 2004: Where's Firuze? (Neredesin Firuze), (director, producer, actor)
- 2005: Making Boats out of Watermellon Rinds Karpuz kabuğundan gemiler yapmak (producer)
- 2005: Robbery Alla Turca (Hirsiz var!), (actor)
- 2006: Killing the Shadow (Hacivat Karagöz neden öldürüldü?), (director, producer, writer, and actor)
- 2006: The Road Home Eve giden yol 1914 (actor)
- 2007: Adam and the Devil (Adem'in trenleri) (producer, actor)
- 2007: Sözün bittigi yer (actor)
- 2007: Hicran Sokagi (actor)
- 2009: 7 Husbands for Hurmuz (7 kocali Hürmüz), (director, actor)
- 2013: F Type Film - 9 jail stories, (director, actor - episode 2)