Ezequiel in 2011
|Full name||Ezequiel Calvente Criado|
|Date of birth||12 January 1991|
|Place of birth||Melilla, Spain|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Haladás (loan from Békéscsaba)|
|2012||→ Sabadell (loan)||15||(2)|
|2012–2013||→ Freiburg (loan)||2||(0)|
|2013–2014||→ Recreativo (loan)||22||(1)|
|2016–2017||→ Haladás (loan)||0||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:00, 2 May 2016 (UTC).
Ezequiel Calvente Criado (born 12 January 1991), known simply as Ezequiel, is a Spanish footballer who plays for Hungarian club Szombathelyi Haladás on loan from Békéscsaba 1912 Előre as a left winger.
Ezequiel was born in Melilla. After playing in every youth rank at Real Betis he made his first-team debut as a second-half substitute in a 4–1 home win against Granada CF, for the Segunda División championship; three days later he started in a 2–1 home success against UD Salamanca for the season's Copa del Rey, and signed a professional contract the following day until July 2014.
On 30 January 2012, Ezequiel was loaned to CE Sabadell FC in the second division, until June. In late July, after an unsuccessful trial with Borussia Mönchengladbach, he moved, still on loan, to another club in Germany and the Bundesliga, SC Freiburg, which had the option of signing him permanently at the end of the campaign.
On 24 July 2010, whilst representing Spain's under-19 at the 2010 UEFA European Championship, Ezequiel scored from a penalty kick against Italy in the group stage. It was described by British newspaper The Guardian as being "on an altogether higher plane of spot-kick audacity", as the player kicked it with what looked to be his standing leg, fooling the goalkeeper into going the other way. The national side eventually finished in second position in France.
- "El nuevo Betis se ceba con el Granada" [New Betis crushes Granada] (in Spanish). Marca. 29 August 2010. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "El Betis se aferra a la Copa" [Betis holds on to Cup] (in Spanish). Marca. 2 September 2010. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Ezequiel renueva por cuatro temporadas" [Ezequiel renews for four seasons] (in Spanish). Real Betis. 2 September 2010. Archived from the original on June 16, 2011.
- Zocher, Thomas (25 July 2012). "Freiburg capture Calvente". Sky Sports. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- Hattenstone, Simon (27 July 2010). "Calvente's amazing penalty kick: our DIY version". The Guardian. Retrieved 27 July 2012.