Ezhukone railway station
|Regional rail, Light rail & Commuter rail station|
|Location||Ezhukone, Kollam, Kerala|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Southern Railway zone|
|Line(s)||Kollam–Sengottai branch line|
|Zone(s)||Southern Railway zone|
|Division(s)||Madurai railway division|
|Fare zone||Indian Railways|
Ezhukone railway station (Code: EKN) is a railway station located in Kollam district of Kerala state, India. Ezhukone railway station is coming under Madurai railway division of Southern Railway Zone. It is one among the 26 railway stations in Kollam district.
Indian railways connects Ezhukone with various cities in India like Kollam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kottayam, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Nagercoil, Tirunelveli, and Madurai, and with various towns like Punalur, Paravur, Kottarakkara, Kayamkulam, Karunagappalli, Varkala, Neyyattinkara, and Kanyakumari. The nearest railway stations are Kundara East and Kottarakara. All seven pairs of trains passing through have halts at Ezhukone railway station.
Ezhukone is a thickly populated area in Kollam district. Ezhukone railway station has gained significance because of it sproximity to various schools, colleges, hospitals and Government offices in the locality. ESI Hospital in Ezhukone, Excise Range Office, Sree Naryana Guru Senior Secondary Central School etc. are very close to this railway station. The station serves areas like Pavithreswaram, Cheerankavu, Maranadu, Pochamkonam, Irumpanangadu, Neduvathoor, Neeleswaram, and Edakkidom.
- Kollam Junction railway station
- Paravur railway station
- Kundara railway station
- Kottarakara railway station
- "Ezhukone railway station". India Rail Info. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "About Kollam – Kollam Corporation". Kollam Corporation. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Punalur-Kanyakumari Train Service Begins". TNIE. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Ezhukone ESI". ESIC. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Excise Offices in Kollam". Kerala Excise. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Sree Naryana Guru Senior Secondary Central School, Ezhukone". Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Foundation laid for paramedical institute at Ezhukone". The Hindu. Retrieved 25 February 2015.